Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 09:49 AM   #1
Vampire

So many of you hate Nalia and to a lesser extent Aerie.
Just wait until Nailia gets some really cool special ability in TOB,
then you'll be sorry!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:53 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Thatll be the day lol. Well she IS annoying. I think thats onee of the undisputable facts about this game. But I bet the chick that did the voice is wway cute.... and much less annoying that her character.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:54 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Who hates Aerie? Aerie is the most ultimatest NPC in the game!
Nalia is a b*tch, I hope she gets eaten by a demon in ToB, or even better, that Boo eats her eyes!

"Go for the eyes Boo RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR GGGGGGH!"

"Boo shall finish his eyeballs once and for all so that he does not rise again!"
Old 05-24-2001, 09:57 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have nothing against any of them, yet I chose Aerie over Nalia because of the stats, and the fact that I did not want two thieves in my party.(Imoen's place was reserved).

------------------

Larry, a loyal guardian of the OHF, and devoted member of the Ironworks
Old 05-24-2001, 10:02 AM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I have nothing against any of them, yet I chose Aerie over Nalia because of the stats, and the fact that I did not want two thieves in my party.(Imoen's place was reserved).
Stats? What are you talking about Larry? Aerie's STR and CON are shit compared to Nalia's, and INT is the same. Aerie has a better WIS, but who cares... Which stats are you talking about???

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-24-2001, 10:06 AM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like Nalia. She is far and away the most powerful mage in my party (don't give me a bunch of crap about Edwin either b/c he is evil and Minsc would chop him to bits if I put him in my party). She's also got a pretty good STR so she can carry a lot of stuff and is purely lethal with the Staff of the Magi and the Robe of Vecna (although that could be said of any mage with those items, I suppose). I don't listen too much to the random comments that come out of the NPC's mouths, so she doesn't get on my nerves as much as other people's.

Minsc gets on my nerves much more than any other NPC. I just don't find him amusing after about 5 minutes and it pisses me off that he's got that stupid rat taking up one of his quick slots!

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 10:16 AM   #7
Shypaw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with you! I like Nalia a lot. I don't care what others say, I think she kicks ass as a mage in my "good" party. Her and Aerie make a great team!
Old 05-24-2001, 10:17 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Since Aerie could use both Clerical and Mage spells, I wanted her in my party because that is what I needed. My decision was based on what I wanted to get out of the game, not what I thought you would want me to play. After reading the stat chart on the both of them, I made my choice that Aerie was the better NPC.

Now, how can you argue with that For every reason you give me that Nalia is better, I can give you one for Aerie.

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 10:54 AM   #9
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Since Aerie could use both Clerical and Mage spells, I wanted her in my party because that is what I needed. My decision was based on what I wanted to get out of the game, not what I thought you would want me to play. After reading the stat chart on the both of them, I made my choice that Aerie was the better NPC.

Now, how can you argue with that For every reason you give me that Nalia is better, I can give you one for Aerie.
Easy mate! I'm not arguing with you. I'm just curious as to what stats other than WIS, Aerie has that is/are better than Nalia's. Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass which NPCs you choose to play. I played both Aerie and Nalia and like both of them. Geez! Guess I'll just let this one drop...easy on the caffeine Larry.

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 11:34 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, If I had a bird (budgie) like Wah, I could blame it on him biting me...

------------------