Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #21
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Norway killings

Hmm? You all still play WoW?

I've been in several asian guilds in wow, we normally use

GM - Game Master (the blues who work for Blizz)
GL - Guild Leader (the one who lead the guild)

afaik, In any mmo I've played it's been like that too.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

So Breivik may end up at one of Norway's luxury prisons eh.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn....iref=allsearch

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Actually Johnny, did you know this guy in Nordrassil back in the day? He may have gone by the name Andersnordic or Conservatism.
Yes i heard that from a friend last night, except she told me that his name was Andersonic. The guild he was in was called Unit and was the server's number one ranked guild back in the vanilla days. There are some former Unit members in my guild, but noone seems to remember the guy. Or maybe they just don't wanna talk about it, which would make sense because people usually don't log into WoW to get involved in political debates and such.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
Yes i heard that from a friend last night, except she told me that his name was Andersonic. The guild he was in was called Unit and was the server's number one ranked guild back in the vanilla days. There are some former Unit members in my guild, but noone seems to remember the guy. Or maybe they just don't wanna talk about it, which would make sense because people usually don't log into WoW to get involved in political debates and such.
Probably don't want to be questioned by the police, either...

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Probably don't want to be questioned by the police, either...
From what i understood he hasn't been active in WoW in a few years, so i doubt people would have any useful info anyway.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #26
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

All I know is I meet countless people in PUGS that are clearly psychotic. Judging WoW players by that standard is a low bar lol. The ragequits i've seen could easily be turned into violence.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Andersonic was his name yes - Just got home from a 13 hour trip with my dad to see some cliffs in the southern part of Denmark so I am a bit tired but....IW calls hehe

Luxury prison: I do not think there is a lot of luxury for him - the links you have seen and so on are for prisoners in rehabilitation which nobody wants for him anyway. I know from media comments and the police in Norway that he has been refused access to a labtop, and internet use ( that is normally denied for dangerous prisoners ) a TV is always made available ( but that has also been denied for now ) - The use of TV will be made available though once he has been sentenced at least.

Now many people say luxury - I tend to think of it in this way.

There are two kinds of prisoners in our systems.

1. Rehabilitating people - it is the people that we have a chance to send back into society without risk, and with a minimum of damage to them.
2. The tards that just doesn't get it - it is the people that rehabilitation does not work on and as such is not suitable for society. These people should be locked away and most often they are. However - since we ( in most of Europe ) are humanists that believe that even the worst kind of prisoner deserves a humane treatment then he will get basic needs fulfilled.

Now in the US. the belief seems to be that a cage of see-through plastic is good enough so no privacy, no rehabilitation and definably not the way to do things if you want to turn the villain from crime - why?
Because when you treat people inhumanely they tend to be grouchy - and next time the guy commits a crime he will do anything to get away from being jailed - and with a non-existing gunlaw ---> mayhem.

I saw a dude in the news that actually said that the norwegian kids were tards that did not try to bonk the killer on the head while he was pausing in shooting - as he told it any american kid would have killed the guy outright as he started shooting and as much as he may find the humor in the situation - that remark was so cold and brutal that many people in Denmark protested loudly against it. Looking at pure numbers his statement is further totally idiotic and it makes a very convincing argument about how come gun control ( or rather...the need to take away the guns from ordinary people ) are needed.

Fact:

Gun related kills in USA each year 15.22 per 100.000 inhabitants.
With a population of 308,745,538 people this makes for 46.990 deaths each year.
About 128,7 deaths a day in the entire country.

Gun related kills in Norway each year 4,39 per 100.000 inhabitants.
With a population of 4,974,600 people this makes for 218 deaths each year.
About 0,59 deaths a day in the entire country.

Source is wikipedia on population scale and the 1993 Krug investigation on gun deaths in the world.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

There are some posts inhere from his char Conservatism..... http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1172957888
Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
All I know is I meet countless people in PUGS that are clearly psychotic. Judging WoW players by that standard is a low bar lol. The ragequits i've seen could easily be turned into violence.
Psychotic may not be the right word, but they can be extremely rude. Ever since Cataclysm a certain number of people act downright elitist and have little or no patience for screwups in heroics, that used to be a lot more laid back in WotLK. That's why there's a no swear policy in my guild, any signs of swearing or rude behaviour towards others leads to a permban, and as a result i find myself in the nicest and most social guild i've ever seen.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*shrug* The American populations and European populations are quite different. Many of the American gun-involved deaths are gang-related.