Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-11-2002, 03:27 PM   #1
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Hi all,

I was zipping along through Dragon's Eye with my kick butt characters when all of a sudden I came across YXUNOMEI. While I have no doubt she would be beatable, my characters were fatiqued and I needed rest. So.....I slept and when I woke up, nada. She wasn't anywhere to be found. Upon reading a few threads I soon realized, "I'm screwed". So I downloaded patch 1.06 in hopes of finding a fix for the bug that would allow me to continue...but nope.
So here I am back at the start (because the only other saved game I have is back in the Vale). I want to import my kick butt characters into that game. I know I need to make an import file first, however I have absolutely no idea where that file is supposed to go or even where I find the kick butt characters to put in it once it's made.
I know there has to be a computer genius out there somewhere that can help me.
HELP pleeeeaaassse! *grovel, grovel*
Thanks,
Vix
Old 02-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Canadianvixen,

Before you import, you must export.

First, load the saved game that contains the character(s) you want to export. Once the game is running, select a character and go into their information screen. You will see an export button: Click it. Pick the export slot that you want this character to fill (e.g., mage, fighter, etc.) and O.K. the export. (Note that the last character exported to a slot is the only one you will be able to import from that slot.)

Next, close the game, and open the game you want to import a character to. Go to character arbitration screen and make sure there is an empty party slot (party contains less than 6 characters). Then "Create character" to fill the empty party slot. On the first or second character generation screen, you will be given the option to "import character." Select this option and click the appropriate character type, which corresponds to the slot where you exported your character (e.g., if you exported to "FIGHTER" then select "FIGHTER" to import). A picture of your desired character should appear. O.K. the screen, and your character is in the new party!

Hope this helps.
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:28 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Before you rush off and import, be advised that if you encounter Yuxonomei and then retreat, she will move to a new location on the same level. Try looking in the northern chambers! [img]smile.gif[/img] It is NOT a bug.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:35 AM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Canadianvixen,

Oh, two more things:

1.) Welcome to the forum!

2.) Save, save, save, save, save, ,save, save, save, SAVE!! For instance: I easily save over five times during each trip to the Vale of Shadows. That is because I save just before any "high risk" manuever (e.g., entering a new dungeon level, starting a challenging fight, disabling a trap, or pick-pocketing Oswald Fiddlebender), and I also save just AFTER a successful completion of that high-risk manuever. I save these all under one name: If it is during my 3rd trip to the Vale, I save under "Vale 3" for the duration of that trip and the actions in town just after. Each time I re-enter the Vale, I save to a new title ("Vale 5," "Vale 6," etc.) so that I have previous trips archived (10 "Vale saves" archived, so far!) This will save you from ever having to regress more than a few hours in your adventures.

Hope this increases your game enjoyment!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:13 AM   #5
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Thank you both so much for replying. I'm off to try both suggestions although I have searched the entire 5th level twice. It's worth another peek. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've been wondering how to import for a while now, the Instruction Manual just tells you that the import button is to import characters but didn't delve into the how's.
I'll keep you updated.

Off to kick some hiney.
Vix
Old 02-12-2002, 03:23 AM   #6
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

THANK YOU!

I can't believe I completely missed one room. There she was.

I was also able to import two of my characters that I wanted to try with a different party. So thank you too Nobel Nick.

Oh, don't you just love happy endings.

Vix