Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2001, 01:51 PM   #1
Ranger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finished BG1 this weekend and just purchased BG2. I hope to install it this evening. I played BG1 in single player mode with a Half-Elven Ranger. I would like this character to carry over into BG2 as the primary character. Furthermore, for BG2, I'd like to roll-up a straight mage and have complete control over him. I'll pick up 4 NPC to round-out my party.

One more wrinkle. My hard drive is only 6 GB, so I must uninstall BG1 before installing BG2 (I like the Full-Install option, no disc swapping).

What files do I need to save from the BG1 game so that I don't lose my character? Into which directory should I put these files once I've installed BG2?

How do I import my old character as the main character and roll-up a new one for the same party? Do I initiate a multi-player game? (I never tried multi-player with BG1, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.)

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Ranger
Old 11-13-2001, 02:02 PM   #2
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Don't delete your character files you want. If you want to import your old character just copy the file from BG1 to the BG2 character file. Now if you want to start a multiplayer game with two characters created by you you just have to start a new multiplayer game and at the character's places import or make the characters you want. If you have any questions about that ask me.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:02 PM   #3
Aurum
Manshoon

Uninstall BG1 not delete the characters, nor portraits.