Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 06:26 PM   #1
Northraven
Manshoon

Sorry...I should have probably put this in here:
possible spoilers ahead
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I'm just starting up this thread in response to a request from a previous thread by a person who started an Assasin PC and didn't find them too great to play with...this person (sorry I can't remember who it was) also asked if anybody had any comments, suggestions on what they did with their Assassin...since that other thread has become a generall discussion of the Assassin kit, I thought I would impart some of my experiences here.

I just started my Assassin PC in SoA and am still working my way through all the subquests in ChapII...Major ones completed include: Renal Bloodscalp, Korgan's little book hunt, Hunting down Valygar and bringing his cold,dead corpse back to the Cowled Wizards (Man, was that an EVILLLLL deed...),Killing all of the Radiant Heart Knights, and just now the whole Umar Hills/Shadow Dragon thing. My party consists of the following:
PC-Elven Assassin
Korgan
Jahiera
Anomen
Haer'Daelis
Edwin
Now, I'm not that far into this game, my Assassin is only just lvl13 my other chars. are averaging lvl 10-11...I just went into the Shadow Dragon fight with these chars...Edwin had no spell sequencers,no contingency,no fingers of death or any of the more high lvl ass-kicker spells at his disposal, just the bread-and-butter stuff (magic missles,breach,lower resistance.) Hell, I realized too late that no one in my party even had a remove fear spell...

Anyway to tell the story I stomped the dragon on the first try with no summoned monsters and only Korgan and Anomen pounding away at melee. Haer'Daelis and Jahiera caught a case of the fear, my assasin was pecking away from afar with Tansheron's bow and Edwin fired off one lower resistance and two magic missles before the beast went down. Incredibly, during the fight none of my mainline fighters needed any healing.

In my experience this fight has been a lot tougher than it was for me today my first time through BGII I had a cavilier PC and a goody-goody party with Minsc Aerie, Jahiera, Nalia, and Keldorn and at 12-13th lvl. this fight gave me a hell of a time...and I had resist fear many summons all the bread and butter and desert to boot...

To sum up, I have come to the conclusion that a)Korgan is a devastating fighter b)backstab with poisoned weapons is a wonderful way to absolutley crush those incredibly annoying high-lvl mages before they can fire off their arsenal of annoying spells and c)being bad is good.

Sorry this post was so long-winded but I wanted to get that off of my chest. Does anyone else have any experiences,tips,comments about this kit good or bad?

[This message has been edited by Northraven (edited 07-16-2001).]
Old 07-16-2001, 06:35 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

No never played one but my good party gets bad sometimes (XP does that to my guys, we just can't help it) and I, like you accidentally wiped out the whole of the Radiant Heart. Just to let you know that you can also (accidentally once their quests are over) assasinate all the Morning Knights for good XP and no rep' loss. This accident occured during an interrupted thieving spree, I would have given the stuff back but noooooooo, they wanted to fight so it's their fault right.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-16-2001, 07:47 PM   #3
Northraven
Manshoon

I think I may just go and "accidentaly" kill everyone in Lathander's temple...after all when my rep was really low one of the Morning Knights told me that the sunlight was going to consume me or something like that....I think my character is really begining to live up to being a child of the lord of murder...
Old 07-16-2001, 08:05 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

AAh the old Sunlight slur huh, that old chestnut. I wouldn't stand for that, no siree. Arsekicking for badness is the order of the day there old chum, if you don't stand up for yourself over the Sunlight then they might start threatening you with the moon and stuff. Personally I'd go in there and make em see stars.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.