Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2003, 04:04 AM   #1
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I have a very complicated question (depending on how much you know about XP). My motherboard is a Gigabyte technology GA-6VM7A+ and I can't get the driver off the site 'cause every time I try it stuffs up or doesn't DL fast enough before my internet cuts out (every 4 hours). I was wandering if anyone could find a way to check if XP has a driver for that. I know there is a checker thingy but it doesn’t work off the XP CD for me and I can't DL the 55MB one off the MS site. Please help, if I don't find this out then I won't be able to safely install XP.
Sorry to have to make another XP thread but I figured I would get more responses this way [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 04:38 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Use getright and you will be able to resume the download after you get cut off. Assuming gigabytes server supports it, its a mystery to me why anyone would run a server that dosent in this day and age but some do

XP will likely run with its built in driver though, so you may as well do the install first.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:44 AM   #3
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Thats the catch, the download doesnt even fully download before stopping and saying ITS DONE! Its maddening. No matter how many times i DL it it doesnt work!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:24 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Thats the catch, the download doesnt even fully download before stopping and saying ITS DONE! Its maddening. No matter how many times i DL it it doesnt work!
This might be a case of the blind leading the blind but....

1) is there a limit to the size of file you are allowed to download, internet options has the ability to set a limit.

2) go ahead and load xp anyhow, your board should still run, just not at it's optimum speed.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-17-2003, 10:08 AM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Why does anyone want to download XP???????
i bought a comp that already had it, and it crashes every 4 days like clock work
we had to buya new video card because the old one would nothold up to XP's updates
Old 04-17-2003, 11:03 AM   #6
andrewas
Harper

XP is only stable on the more modern hardware. But if you buy a machine that crashes regularly, log its crashes and take it back to the shop. No excuse for that.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:37 AM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

According to the Gigabyte site, the file sizes are 1.05mb for the VIA Chipset Driver and 22.71 for the Audio Driver. Both should be downloadable via dialup unless their server is ridiculously slow. Here is the download page I found.

Hope this helps.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 04-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #8
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Well I have allready been to the site and tried the downloads you saw Mouse and the chipset one worked but I could only ever get a small ammount (7MB at the most) done of the audio driver before the download said it was finnished even though it wasn't, forcing me to restart it.
Besides, I installed XP anyway and - surprise, surprise - it screwed up spectacularly! If I hadn't allready formated I would have been pissed!
I'll stick to 98...
Old 04-17-2003, 08:57 PM   #9
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If you plan on using your computer for the purpose of gameing and for Graphics then use windows 98SE. The meat heads at microsoft had graph making,word processing,and the ability to completely control the computer industry in their minds when they built the XP program. If you read about windows XP you will find that microsoft has put alot of: click on the microsoft website and download our newest driver for this and while your there download our latest patch to repair all the bugs we have in XP that has caused 62% of the people that are using it to want to through their computer in the trash.
I own a few computers (7) now all are between 1.4Ghz and 2.8Ghz and I have finally got so only one still has windows XP in it,but not for long!!!
I swear that XP was designed with big brother in mind.You know,:We now control your computer and you will do as we say or we will get into your bank account and take everything you have.Our butterfly will control your every move he will tell you what you can use the computer for and when you can go to which site.
well I say "NO WAY BUCKO" Just keep your XP and your butterfly and your dreams of world dominatiom and stick them where the sun don't shine!!
to use XP is to give microsoft the ability to get into your computer anytime they feel like when your on line without you even knowing that they are there. you just think that your computer is crashing for no good reason.
I have a friend that is a CIA agent and he told me to get rid of XP not long ago and to prove that what I stated was true he went to his house and then called me and told me to go on line so I turned on the unit and about 5 minutes later it (the computer) started opening up windows programs and program files started opening and closing and then the computer crashed to desktop and locked up, he called me again and said keep watching your computer and a few seconds later everything went back to normal, well this totaly blew my mind and I said what did you do and he said that there are hidden command codes that anyone can put into your computer that is using XP while you are on line and can take complete control of your computer down load what they want off your files or even programs and you won't even know that its happening until your computer shuts down, locks up or crashes and then you'll wonder what caused it to have the problem.
well I now only have XP on one computer and that's the one my wife uses to buy junk on E-Bay and she writes letters to her mother and her girl friends on the west coast that she prints out and then sends it by The U.S.mail (snale mail)
I say to everyone get rid of XP Because BIG BROTHER IS watching. I just hope I don't get in trouble for posting this and get my friend in trouble too for telling me about it and showing me what happens.
You can believe this or don't thats all up to you!
one last thing he wouldn't give me any of the command codes. I would go to prison if I got caught useing them so I don't know how to make it work on anybodys computer but if I did I could reallty have some fun. HA HA!
Old 04-18-2003, 05:23 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Hey Crimson, I am willing to belive you but first, did you update all the latest stuffup/coverups from microsoft world domanation corp. Also did you close down the option that allows you to have your computer remotley controlled?

If you did, and I apologise if the above was insulting, [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] then I am now even more paronoid than I was

[ 04-18-2003, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years