Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-20-2001, 07:58 AM   #1
Gedd
The Magister

I cant get into the harper stronghold again...!
I've done all the harper stuff up untill Jaheira goes away. She came back and said I had to urgently go to the harper place, when i get there the door is locked and unpickable. I've done the montaron bit, the poisoned man, prebeks house and the bandits attack - still cant get in and there is no one to talk to outside.
The only thing i can think of is that it is because i have the thiev'es guild..is that possible?
If it is a bug, how do i change my saved game to get rid of it?? From what i've been told i need to do that bit to continue the Jaheira romance..

any ideas??
thanx
Old 08-20-2001, 09:04 AM   #2
Ged
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another Wizzard of Eathsea supporter?

Can you gain access through one of the upstairs entrances? I know I went outside when I did it the first time?
Old 08-20-2001, 09:13 AM   #3
Gedd
The Magister

yup, read the books a few years ago. Enjoyed.
as far as i can tell the only way in is through the front door...
Old 08-20-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
Ged
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Might be worth sleeping - somethings don't always kick in immediatly - My friend has just completed it and had Jaheria with him - is she still in your party?

Old 08-20-2001, 09:36 AM   #5
Gedd
The Magister

I've gone off and done other quests in the mean time (got fed up of trying to find a way in immediately (maybe not so urgent afterall ). Jaheira has been in my party since the beggining and only left for that one night (and a cold night it was....)
Old 08-20-2001, 11:02 AM   #6
Gedd
The Magister

will shadowkeeper help me at at all??
Old 08-20-2001, 03:20 PM   #7
Mel
The Magister

I've got the exact same problem as you, except I haven't done some of the quests that you have done. I've done the poisoned man, Perbek and Montaron. Now I can't get in! One strange thing happened though, just before I got a strange day/night transition, I didn't get the short cut sence and it sort of froze for a second or two. At least I don't have anything desperate to get in for, I just want to see if Montaron really is in there somewhere.

P.S- This post looks strange, the two pepole replying have practically the same name. Sorry to mess the sequence. By the way, Wizard of Earthsea? Great books, or the first one is.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:32 PM   #8
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

I've never been able to get back into Harper's (Minestrel's stronghold) again, which means that there as to be a trigger somewhere, an event with a character that will make it so there is a new guard in front or the door is unlocked again. Anyway, you have to understand them, you did side with a monster wizard and did steal a bird inside, in all actuality, you've done everything possible to make them enemy of you :]
Old 08-20-2001, 03:34 PM   #9
Aurum
Manshoon

You solution "the curse of Jaheira" , You speak with the type that come before of you go to stronghold.

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:55 AM   #10
Gedd
The Magister

I thought it might be something to do with owning the thief stronghold, as ever since i got that i couldn;t get in.
Anyone get any idea what the trigger could be (ppl that have succesfully got in..)

Earthsea- books 2&3 =