Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 04:29 AM   #1
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

This time it was very close...
Have been surprised by 4 leaf sprites, in Upper Trynton, not having any kind of magic shield yet - although i ran away at once they killed 4 of 6 party members, while following me! How can this be, are they that much faster?
Luckily my lizard-fighter had enough stamina for a long run...

BTW, anyone knows where the next possible ressurection-powder can be found? (Just now i'm in Trynton, could ressurect everyone except my gadgie )
killerTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:11 AM   #2
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I think they are a bit faster. And when they follow you, they run until they reach casting range. With a bit of their movement points left, they might get to cast after the run, just like your characters in similar situations.

In a normal player party, it's rare that you get to act after you've walked or run a bit. In my experience, the chances for this to happen are much higher if the initiative of all characters is very high (walking/running occurs at the point where the slowest character would act). Now, if that is correct, there's the advantage of the monster goups: Since the have similar initiative, groups of fast monsters have a high chance to act after a move.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
Flamestryke
The Magister

Its actually easier to run at them instead of away from them. Get in close to melee range and they go down fast. You will most likely get damaged but at least the majority of the party will survive.

Fussfas will sell res powders so if you got the cash try him. A few rest periods may be necessary if he doesn't have any on hand when you first drop in.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:13 AM   #4
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi killerteddy.

Be happy that they're only Leavies. I once was surprised in Upper Trynton by Wind Sprites later in a game . My party was destroyed before I found out what happened ( it was my first encounter with them in Upper Trynton ). I'd never thought, that I'd found them somewhere in Trynton, so I wasn't careful enoungh.

But you're right. Leaf Sprites are very bad for a Lvl 8/9 party.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I notice that if you have some sort of protection magic ( forgot what names they are )up all the time just incase you bump into them . those leaf sprite will be piece of cake. previously I had much much trouble with them.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
Brian
Dungeon Master

I developped pick-pocket early in the game .Shop-lifted enough eye for eye for all crew to have 5 each (from Fuss-faz).When I met those pests I challenged them before they could get the jump on me.Ran towards them and got themm all without a scratch. BRIAN
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:51 PM   #7
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

Back again!
This time there were nine of them, but i had magic screen (lev. 5) - but i didn't need it! Met them in the no-magic-chamber in Trynton )) nice way to get some exp-points...

@Flamestryke: thanks for the tip, i tried it, but at the time they were still waiting for me, and nearly killed me again. Not too bad, traveled to Arnika and made a short trip to the umpanis.

Now, i'm on my way to the android, to complete my party.
killerTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:04 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

I once met some higher level peak sprites on Ascension Peak. They do cast strong spells but by then my chars had enough HP to withstand nearly anything.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:46 AM   #9
Flamestryke
The Magister

killerTeddy

Here's a tip that will help in Trynton a bit. Its sort of exploiting Chief Gari but I know I get to Trynton many times before I have Magic Screen available so I am not ashamed to say I have used this little trick.

Step just down the hallway from Chief Gari. You should still be able to see him. Go into combat mode and just hit enter. The Chief usually casts some sort of spell, either Superman or Magic Screen. Just keep doing it until he casts Magic Screen. Normally its a level 6 or 7 spell. Nice to have on when those sprites pop up.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:01 AM   #10
Wild Rose
Dungeon Master

Sprites and Unicorns seem to require about the same statagies. They both have really nasty attacks - and low HP. IF you can get close enough to them they are not too hard to take out. But the whole question is IF. What happened to Loudhy is the problem, they can take YOU out before you get the chance for a "close encounter"

Good Tip Flamestryke!

Does this work with any other NCPs?