Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How easy did you find learning how to use the toolset?
Very difficult 2 9.52%
Difficult 6 28.57%
Not that difficult, but not that easy 11 52.38%
Easy 1 4.76%
Very easy 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2002, 10:21 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

On the plus side, I've got a bard singing "Stairway To Heaven" in my tavern as a custom sound.

Click here for instructions on how.

[ 08-22-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 11:59 AM   #12
magnetism
Manshoon

I like your style memnoch....
Old 08-22-2002, 07:56 PM   #13
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

GGGAAHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!! mustnot .....hear .....stairway to heaven..ears ....will...........................bleed!
Old 08-23-2002, 03:59 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Only problem is, my bard just sits there and waves his arms (that's the extent of the animations available in the game). I've been trying to find out if anyone's created any guitar/harp/musical instrument models that can be imported as a HakPak that he can use...does anyone know of any? ???

Old 08-23-2002, 04:07 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Only problem is, my bard just sits there and waves his arms (that's the extent of the animations available in the game). I've been trying to find out if anyone's created any guitar/harp/musical instrument models that can be imported as a HakPak that he can use...does anyone know of any? ???
Hey! I saw a NWN disco hak pak somewhere!!

I will try and find it again!

I donīt know where I found it! ARRRRGH!! I saw it though.

Well here you have another link with some tutorials Memnoche!
http://nwvault.ign.com/modules/tutorials/viewlets/

(Edit note, oki, I was partly right partly wrong, this be the link to the disco:
http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/module_danceclub.html
but it is mostly about music and adding lights.. :S solly!)

[ 08-23-2002, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: WOLFGIR ]

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 06:36 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've checked all those tutorials out - they're mainly to do with toolset functionality, which I have no problem with. Scripting's the steepest learning curve for me at the moment. But those NWVault tutorials are good for anyone unfamiliar with the toolset.

As for my bard...I managed to find some custom models that one of the Bio mods had put together for a bard with a lute - it would have been perfect except for the fact that the bard is female. Oh well - maybe she can be the musician and my NPC bard (unsurprisingly his name is Led Zeppelin ) can be the singer. I think I can pull this one off.

It's getting to the point where I want to learn how to do EVERYTHING - script, come up with models, reskin, etc. Patience has never been one of my strong points, and I will readily admit to singlemindedess being a flaw of mine.

Old 08-23-2002, 06:56 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well the skinning seems to build on the famous Quake skinning, so I donīt think it will be too much of a hassle there.

The wireframe construction can be a bit tricky though, been too long since I opened 3DS Max.. :S

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:40 AM   #18
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just did the look at other peoples mods... and scripting... well I sort of try everynow and again to learn how to do things with it... but I cant even figure out how to get an NPC to give the PC an item [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 10:05 AM   #19
AndyG
Elminster

Stairway to Heaven is okay, just don't have him sing that Eminem song that starts out like Stairway to Heaven.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 12:11 PM   #20
banzai
Manshoon

Regarding the Aurora toolset my main points of criticizm are the instability and bad documentation.
Earning my living with the software development thing for quite some years now I think I had enough opportunities to compare.
The toolkit is a form of RAD environment (RAD = rapid application development). Its instability will go away with time and patches but the lack of docs and examples is quite a showstopper for me - things like a conclusive reference of its scripting language, good examples of basic to advanced features and charts of object / functional models (even if they are flat or non-hierarchical) etc.
In my experience oftimes things like this decide about success or failure in the slightly longer run - people start to get bored if they always have to use the same basic features because the rest is virtually non-documented and hard to come by ...