Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-12-2003, 09:58 PM   #1
Horst Wessel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My party was attacked by a pack of undead and shadows, I beat them but during combat they hit four of my party members with level drain and energy drain.
I'm only up to the second chapter so my party where all 8th or 9th level to begin with ,now my magic users have lost most of their spells and everyone has dropped back to level 3 or 4, if I cant find a sollution I'm going to have to start over again ,which sucks.
Are there any spells or potions that I can find or buy that will cure my party?,or am I condemmed to starting the game from scratch?.
Excuse me if my problem sounds a little simple or straight foward to you guys but I only started playing the game about a week ago.
Horst Wessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Good News, your problem is easily cured,

Either 1) go to your nearest temple and purchase a restoration spell for your level drained party, or 2) go to a local scroll vendor and purchase a restoration scroll and use it on your afflicted member (scroll works in quickslots) or 3) have a cleric cast lesser restoration (level 4 spell) on afflicted members
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:28 PM   #3
Horst Wessel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cheers Buster_Wiz,I'll do that right now, I thought I was screwed.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:40 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Actually, if you are new to the game, there is a website out there that has an excellent guide on it (no spoilers, just excellent insight into game play). Just click here.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:34 AM   #5
Maj
Drow Warrior

I recomend using that spell lesser restoration if possible cause that's the cheapest option, temples and scrolls cost money and you need to be saving that money. That's what I use every time. Just remember that your party should rest after that spell is cast, it makes the caster sleepy.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:14 AM   #6
Horst Wessel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the link Nerull, there's some interesting stuff for me to read through tonight,this game is great fun to play but very complex.
I've gone to a temple and had my party cured but the priest refused to cure Viconia because she's a Drow Elf, I purchased a restoration spell scroll to cure her and for some reason none of the magic users in my party can memorize the spell.
Nalia has lost all of her spell casting abilities,the spell icons appear at the bottom of the screen when I press the cast spell button but they arent highlighted and when you click on them nothing happens, all the spells appear as memorized in her spell book and she has been cured of level drain but she still cant use her spell casting
abilities can someone tell me whats wrong with her?.
Sorry about this guys, I guess you must get sick of newbies like myself asking stupid obvious questions like these.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:43 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Mages cannot cast spells if they are wearing armour. Robes are allowed, but not armour (be it leather or metal).
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:03 AM   #8
Horst Wessel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Problems solved,thanks guys.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:27 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Buster_Wiz:
Good News, your problem is easily cured,

Either 1) go to your nearest temple and purchase a restoration spell for your level drained party, or 2) go to a local scroll vendor and purchase a restoration scroll and use it on your afflicted member (scroll works in quickslots) or 3) have a cleric cast lesser restoration (level 4 spell) on afflicted members
And if you don't want to purchse the scroll from a temple, you can just have them cast it on you.
Priest spells can not be memorized through scrolls. If you have a scroll for a priest spell, the only use of it is through the quick slot items.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote