Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 07:47 PM   #1
Loyal Guardian
Welcomed New User

I was trying the cheats and they didnt work but i had done everything right. For example i tested the invincibility cheat (dm_god) and it said 'success' but when i got attacked i was also getting hurt. also when i tested the give gold cheat (dm_givegold #) i typed it in and it said select character or something similar and i clicked on me character nothing came up after that and also the cheats did not work.

could anyone tell me why they aren't working or what am i doing wrong ????? :S:S:S
Old 09-06-2002, 08:20 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Cheaters never win!!! ~wags finger~

sorry cant help you...

but while on the subject of cheating i would like to ask:

I read an article..or maybe it was a dream???.. but that if you use the cheat console in the game..you are somehow tagged as being a cheater..

like a boolean flag is set to true if you have used the cheat before? Is this the case? If so how do you tell if a player is a cheater? Am i dreaming?
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 01:51 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I just bumped up that article for you, Djinn.

You as a player can't tell if someone has cheated...but a server host can filter out a hacked character by setting his filters to not accept legal characters. Whenever you go into Gamespy and see that little box that says Enforce Legal Characters not ticked, then chances are you'll see a lot of little ubermunchkins running around with 99 stats in everything.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 02:32 AM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
....by setting his filters to not accept legal characters.
heheh. i thot the dm would do just the opposite!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

V***V

[ 09-07-2002, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 09-07-2002, 09:36 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
quote:
....by setting his filters to not accept legal characters.
heheh. i thot the dm would do just the opposite!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

V***V
[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

I meant ILlegal characters. Bloody Kiwis... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-07-2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 09-07-2002, 10:12 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

With some of the cheats, like the Give_gold one and the stat changing ones you have to click your character after typing it and pressing enter.

I can't rememember how, but I seem to remember there being something akin to it with the invincibility cheat. Plus you have to have one of the newer versions for the cheats to function. And the invincibility cheat stops working every time you enter a new chapter. There are also SOME things that can still harm you, I believe. And a suggestion is to switch off Debug_mode after activating the cheats because it can mess up the game somewhat to have it on.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 09:33 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Apparently using the DebugMode in and of itself is NOT sufficient to tag your character as Illegal in ALL cases. Using the SetAppearance command in the Debug console (which alters the appearance of your avatar) is one such example. I tested this out and ran an altered character in undermountain which DOES restrict the user to legal characters and the character got in with NO trouble.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #8
DraconisRex

Quote:
I just bumped up that article for you, Djinn.

You as a player can't tell if someone has cheated...but a server host can filter out a hacked character by setting his filters to not accept legal characters. Whenever you go into Gamespy and see that little box that says Enforce Legal Characters not ticked, then chances are you'll see a lot of little ubermunchkins running around with 99 stats in everything.
Depends on the amount of cheating! Let's face it, if youre level 20 fighter, 23 base strength, +5 sword, buffed with girdle of frost giant strength, guantlets of ogre power, and bulls strength cast on you AND you can't hit the poser, even with elemental damage.

He's cheating. Don't need a dm to tell that.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 12:48 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Apparently using the DebugMode in and of itself is NOT sufficient to tag your character as Illegal in ALL cases. Using the SetAppearance command in the Debug console (which alters the appearance of your avatar) is one such example. I tested this out and ran an altered character in undermountain which DOES restrict the user to legal characters and the character got in with NO trouble.
No, it's only if your character is unbalanced (eg has a total base stat level which is too high). I don't think that cosmetic changes set off the ELC flag (though I can't confirm this).