Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Arcane magic do you prefer?
Wizard 17 40.48%
Sorcerer 21 50.00%
Bard 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2002, 12:34 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Topic says all
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:53 PM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

well, when i use magic, i go with a sorceror. if i want magic AND combat abilities, i pick cleric. of course, certain domains give you mage spells too. i allways pick domains that give stoneskin and stuff like that. a cleric with stoneskin is awesome indeed. for now though, ill just stick with my monk!!!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 04:37 PM   #3
perk31
Manshoon

I just started using that elf cleric and she is much better than I thought she would be; however, there are far too many offensive spells not to be a wizard or sorcerer if you want a magic character.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:24 AM   #4
Eldarin Chosen Of Azuth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Clerical magic is the most stable of the two. It however requires no skill in using.

Sorcerers cause to many magical accidents and they are undisciplined and often irresponsible. There are eceptions to every rule, and the High one loves all spell casters. But the best way to magic is through study and caution.
<br /><br />You have been irresponsible with your power old friend. The Mages Code and the Lord of Spells, Azuth dictate that you must be neutralized by a fellow mage. Iam that mage killer. Iam the Harbinger of you DOOM, and the last living thing, you are ever going to see. Prepare to defend yourself. May Azuth forgive you.
Eldarin Chosen Of Azuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:38 PM   #5
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually, I like Druids. They have pretty much the same spells as Clerics, and Druids have cool special abilities like Wild Shape and Elemental Shape. Elven druids are cool in melee combat too. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2002, 07:49 PM   #6
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Nice poll Dreamer!
I do feel that any Wizard has their weakness thow
Just get inside on them and nail away.

[ 09-04-2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]
Old 09-06-2002, 08:06 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah i go for Sorcerer and Arcane spells it is the best combat spells i think! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:51 AM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

::hides her face:: i confess, i just don't have the patience to learn magic.

i will go with a cleric, so that i can fight and heal myself.
however.
HOWEVER.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
i'm a lousy cleric, because i let my beliefs slip. just a tad too chaotic, yknow? face it, i'm more blonde than believer.

so, i go with fighter types or, this time, monk. wow! i just love the monk in nwn. i know, i know, i know. alignment thingie again. but i can slide by a tad easier as a monk than a cleric.

V***V

*belle of the blonde brigade*