Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-21-2001, 09:37 PM   #11
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
just a quick note of insight...

i have one little question for all of you...

what PROMPT Bin Laden to attack the US anyway?? all of you should go down to the real reasons why they are here in the first place in order to understand thier actions...

it says in the news that Bin Laden was trained by the CIA (which was an irony) and was ALLIES during the war against Russia (or was it USSR?)... what made him hate the US so much?? (i dont think its jealousy..)

another insight is... (one that was given to me by my friend, it was an interesting concept no matter how inhuman it is so pls dont get mad at me) the middle east is suffering with poverty, unjust restrictions imposed by the UN (like the one of IRAQ) which led to the UNTOLD hundreds (maybe thousands) of deaths from hunger, disease and other thingies... and this one bombing is thier cry of protest of thier sufferings they are enduring now (although i dont agree with the means). if they didnt bomb the WTC, they will continue living in a pathetic condition and will even deteriorate in the future...

We hates us cause we are us.

He hates our freedom.

He hates our religon.

He hates the way we live. Plain and simple.

Ok so there people are starving. Dose that make it ok to kill thousdans of americans? I think not. Dose it make it Ok for him to take one of our planes and run into one of our symbols of freedom?

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:40 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Now The USA have been attacked by a Terrorist. Who attacked them is yet unknown but they SUSPECT bin laden.
I watched the news this morning (one of the main reasons why i came late AGAIN today) and i saw Bush's speach. He wants to attack Afganistan if they do not deliver Bin Laden to him and to be honest i think this is a bit to harch.
Yeah, but you're not giving the Taliban any responsibility in this situation. They can create peace by aceding to the demands. It's not like America have not given them a choice. It takes two to conflict, two to fight.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-21-2001, 09:41 PM   #13
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

We hates us cause we are us.

He hates our freedom.

He hates our religon.

He hates the way we live. Plain and simple.

Ok so there people are starving. Dose that make it ok to kill thousdans of americans? I think not. Dose it make it Ok for him to take one of our planes and run into one of our symbols of freedom?

Symbols of freedom? hardly
the Symbol of Capitalism and the symbol of militairism were attacked
not the symbol of freedom

he does not hate christianity, that would be the same as christians hating Juwes
what he hates is the american obsession with having the world be the same as the US
And that is wrong in my opinion, It does not justify what happend. Nothing will
but it's not true that The US are the greatest of all countries in law and moral

------------------

Old 09-21-2001, 09:55 PM   #14
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Symbols of freedom? hardly
the Symbol of Capitalism and the symbol of militairism were attacked
not the symbol of freedom

he does not hate christianity, that would be the same as christians hating Juwes
what he hates is the american obsession with having the world be the same as the US
And that is wrong in my opinion, It does not justify what happend. Nothing will
but it's not true that The US are the greatest of all countries in law and moral

Its a symbol of freedom to america. And yes he hates Chrisanty, or thats a very very strong image he gives off.

And most Americans I know realy couldnt care less if all the world was like them.

For the Law and Moral thing, I agree, But I wouldnt say all of our presdients are, or all of our people are.

But we had this agurment a couple of days ago, and I dont care to have it again.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:56 PM   #15
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Yeah, but you're not giving the Taliban any responsibility in this situation. They can create peace by aceding to the demands. It's not like America have not given them a choice. It takes two to conflict, two to fight.

Wise words Yorick It takes two to conflict, two to fight.
A fact lost on most people!!!!!

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-22-2001, 01:30 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I just hope what ever happens, it will resolved quickly, and it will be for the greater good... but then again... you just never know...

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-22-2001, 10:43 PM   #17
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

How many does it take to choose peace? One. It takes two to create it between themselves, but each one chooses it individually. We can give the Taliban the choice to defend the nation they have taken, or avoid military conflict with them and seek alternative methods of dealing with terrorists.

BTW-I posted a reply of sorts to this thread in a new one titled "in our fear and pain, why peace?" If anyone is so inclined to read it.

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 09-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 09-22-2001).]

Old 09-22-2001, 11:47 PM   #18
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:

He DOES hate Christianity!!! And Jews and everyone else who is not Muslim!

He has views that are very much similar to Hitler's in the resprect that he wants to make the world what he considers to be the master race, Muslim.

If you think that leaving this guy and the so-called Taliban gorvernment alone, will make him stop, you are sorely mistaken. The problem is that he's like a spoiled kid that gets away with everything, he will continue to do anything he wants.

Yes he does use the excuse that he doesn't like the U.S. in the middle east, but this also stems from the fact that his ego was badly bruised when Saudie Arabia chose America's help in the Gulf War over that of his fanatical, maniacal, militia.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-22-2001, 11:49 PM   #19
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Just wanted to add, we didn't start this war. We were attacked in a very warring manner. This is self defence, not revenge.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-23-2001, 05:21 AM   #20
Epona
Zartan

The Taliban will not be bombed
Bin Laden will not be bombed
WHY?
Because they will be hiding in bunkers paid for by the US! The Taliban was supported by the US to get Russia out of Afghanistan. They were armed by the US, and trained by the US. Bin Laden was a CIA agent for crying out loud!
The US sets these people up, but it is not they who will come off worst in a bombing raid.

Afghanistan is in crisis, people are starving to death - most of the population hate the Taliban, yet they will be the ones dying if the nation is bombed. More innocents will die - is that the way we want the world to be? The ordinary Afghani people can do nothing to fight the Taliban, or defend themselves against US retaliation - they are weak and tired. The west should give these people food and support to fight back against the hated Taliban - not bomb them out of existence. Do we want more innocent people buried in rubble?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."