Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2002, 04:55 PM   #1
Zanthia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a level 1 fighter/level 6 cleric. She has already taken weapon focus: greatsword as a feat. when I went up a level , I selected fighter so I could get weapon specialization in greatsword. It was available in the list of feats to choose but when I clicked on it, it would not stay on the right side and thus I could not take it. I ended up taking cleric for my level up but on the next level up I would like to know why the game won't let me take this feat if it is listed as a choice.
Zanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I was just about to ask a question similar to this so I'll keep an eye on this thread. I have a Level 6 Druid and I'm about to level up and I was thinking about adding a level as a barbarian so that I could get more weapons. My question:

What exactly would this do for me? Would I be able to use more weapons without a penalty? Would I be able to gain more feats?

Thanks!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 09:28 PM   #3
koz-ivan
Manshoon

Zanthia - i don't know if this is your problem but i've noticed that sometimes my clerics lose their attack bonus (it's a bug) if the same is happening to you it may be dropping your attack bouns under the +4 required for wpn spec. (just a guess)

MILAMBER - what a level of barbarian will do for you is it will give you some expanded choices for weapons (provided you didn't take simple & martial weapon feats already) so you will have use of all non exotic weapons. you will also get the speed boost and rage 1x day. also you will spend your skill points as a barbarian ie some skills will be cheaper then for druids. you won't get more feats other than simple & marital weapons.
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:17 PM   #4
Zanthia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

koz-ivan ,

what you say makes sense. How would I know if my BAB is less than +4. I looked for it in the character sheet but I didn't see it.

I am currently using patch 1.22. If this is a bug, do you know if 1.23 corrects it.

Thanks,

Zanthia
Old 09-05-2002, 01:59 AM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by koz-ivan:
Zanthia - i don't know if this is your problem but i've noticed that sometimes my clerics lose their attack bonus (it's a bug) if the same is happening to you it may be dropping your attack bouns under the +4 required for wpn spec. (just a guess)

MILAMBER - what a level of barbarian will do for you is it will give you some expanded choices for weapons (provided you didn't take simple & martial weapon feats already) so you will have use of all non exotic weapons. you will also get the speed boost and rage 1x day. also you will spend your skill points as a barbarian ie some skills will be cheaper then for druids. you won't get more feats other than simple & marital weapons.
Great answer. Thanks!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:05 AM   #6
koz-ivan
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zanthia:
koz-ivan ,

what you say makes sense. How would I know if my BAB is less than +4. I looked for it in the character sheet but I didn't see it.

I am currently using patch 1.22. If this is a bug, do you know if 1.23 corrects it.

Thanks,

Zanthia
the only way to check your bab is to minus off any bonuses that may be modifing it (in your head or on paper) so if it shows as a 6, take off any weapon focus points or strength / finesses dex points.

i have no idea if any of the patches adress this problem, i've be "fixing" it using debug codes, and from time to time a save reload will clear the problem up.
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:02 PM   #7
Zanthia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It turns out it was my own stupidity that was causing this problem. When I chose weapon specilaization and the only option was greatsowrd, I did not realize that i had to actually select greatsword. I just assumed it did that automatically as there was only one thing to take.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:04 PM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Dont forget that a Barbarian also gets a D12 for hit die as opposed to the D8 for a cleric. Also you can take additional levels and get the Uncanny Dodge feat. I don't know if your weapons will affect your casting ability. In BG I couldn't use some of the weapons I should have been able to when I multi-classed.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote