Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
Silence

I have gotten to a point in the game I know is going to suck (in a good way) from previous posts... Where is the Leprechaun? I want to find that little bugger and kill him ASAP! Any help in locating him would be appreciated.
Old 02-07-2001, 04:33 PM   #2
Xignal76

Three levels of hints on his location. Click on the "Western Seas" link.

Good luck with him!

-------------
Rick
Hints, Walk-Throughs and More at The WWHAP
Old 02-07-2001, 07:18 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okaay...let me get this straight...you want to spare the assassin rats, and kill the innocent Leprechaun, eh? LOL!

Seriously, it's best not to kill the Leprechaun. When I did (yes, I did the first time through; I've learned better!) I never could get credit for the guild quest, even though I had the quest item (Stone of Clover) in my character's inventory. Apparently if the lep' is dead, the guild won't give you credit for it. He is worth pretty good XP though (64000+ XP per member of a 6-char party). He's also tough as heck to kill, what with him stoning, poisoning, teleporting your characters and making them insane...plus he has an annoying tendency to vanish. I did kill him the first time, but it took about 40 minutes.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 09:07 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey Saz,

Killing the lil green jumpin bean didn't stop me getting credit for the quest once I found the Stone of Clover. You didn't happen to have the stone equipped instead of in the inventory like a certain flower of Alaska did ? - I know that doing that definitely stops you getting credit.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 11:37 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Davros: unfortunately, no; it wasn't equipped (without patch, equipping it "crashes" the game as does the Vampiric Ring). I can only assume mine was due then to a "bug". The patch probably corrects for this, but if you're playing w/o patch, it's not worth the risk of killing him if you want the guild ascension (which I think is the last one for the Thieves' guild since, due to another bug or faulty design, there is no 3rd guild quest in Brimloch.)

-Sazerac
Old 02-08-2001, 11:41 AM   #6
Thor
Welcomed New User

If the Leprechaun disappears when you are fighting him near his treasure, does he disappear for good? Or does he turn up somewhere else?
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 01:51 PM   #7
carg
The Magister

Both.

He pops up somewhere else (according to himself), but it's probably outside the game area, because you won't find him again.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 04:01 PM   #8
Silence

Hey Saz-
I thought you HAD to kill him for the quest! But I guess you just have to catch him (?), that is why I said I wanted to kill him. I probably won't kill him, unless he just
&%$#es me off a WHOLE lot, which from reading many posts, I think is a pretty good possibility! Oh well...
Old 02-08-2001, 06:46 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Silence: Nah, all you have to do is find his treasure...actually, just the Stone of Clover (a small brooch) that Mirnel back at the Thieves' guild will recognize and give you credit for the quest. Interesting point: in the unpatched version, after completing the quest, every time you enter the Thieves' guild, you get credit for the quest all over again (which is 5000 XP). One of those interesting "undocumented features..."

-Sazerac
Old 02-08-2001, 07:44 PM   #10
Lord Roberts

Hey, Sazerac

I played the game with the patch and I killed the leprechaun, and I get the 5000xp every time I go into the theifs giuld in Brimlock.
I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it don't!

Regards

Rob