Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 10:59 PM   #1
Serath
Manshoon

OK, I'm laid up with a bad cold on a Friday night playing W&W. I've come to Anephas' tomb and there is a mystical sphinx guarding the entrance. As I walk up to say hi, he hits me with a riddle, much to my surprise. Searching through my dialogue options, I find there is no selection that makes sense as an answer, much to my chagrin. Not having a way around the question, I typed in my own answer, "lightning". Makes sense to me, right? The sphinx calmly tells me I'm wrong and must pay the price. Obviously this guy doesn't believe in second chances. After a pitched battle in which nearly all my party members turn insane at some point, I manage to take him out. Now this poses a problem for me, being the classic RPG goodie-goodie. (Knight's honor and all that stuff.) After all, the beast was just doing his job.

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind going off searching for a hint to the riddle, but since my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton and I've already hacked up one lung, can someone help me out?

Oh yeah, and no telling my girlfriend that I've been crawling through cold, damp dungeons in the dark when I should be in bed resting my poor bod. She'd have a fit.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 11:02 PM   #2
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The answer to the riddle is 'shadow'; the rest you pick off menus. But I'm interested to know if you can get into the temple after killing the guardian. The possibility didn't occur to me.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 11:06 PM   #3
Serath
Manshoon

Much thanks Thoon! I was able to use the staff of death on the lock to get in, but there seems to be a huge door beyond that which I could not get through. I assumed that this was somehow connected to the sphinx. There is also a pile of sand at the entrance. I'm going to have to go locate my trusty pick and see what's in there.

Serath
Old 12-16-2000, 11:13 PM   #4
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, there's a lever for that door.
Old 12-16-2000, 11:14 PM   #5
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And, if you would, tell me if you find anything in that sand.
Old 12-16-2000, 11:18 PM   #6
Serath
Manshoon

Hmmmm, maybe I should go to bed. I totally missed that lever. I would say that the sphinx is expendable then. I guess he's there just to keep the neighborhood free of riff-raff. Thanks again Thoon, I would say that you saved me a fair amount of frustration tonight.

Serath
Old 12-17-2000, 12:42 AM   #7
Serath
Manshoon

I returned to Brimloch Roon to retreive my pick, only to find that I had left it in Ishad N'ha. Curses! I ran out the east gate of Brimloch Roon. I ran past Dragonspire. I ran like the wind. I ran as if Erathsmedor himself were chasing me. I located my pick just outside of Ishad N'ha. I threw it in my pack and ran for Brimloch Roon. I ran like...well, you get the picture.

Finally my journey was complete! I dropped to my knees in front of the sand pile. What riches lay in my future? A great sword, a priceless gem, an ability boosting anhk? Images of Drukus' lost car keys swam before my vision. I used the pick on the sand pile. Nothing happened! I checked to make sure that I was actually using the pick and tried again. Again, nothing happened. I threw back my head and howled into the night sky, a long, mournful sound.

Oh well. Maybe I'll find a shovel somewhere.

Serath