Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2002, 07:16 AM   #1
Zbyszek

Hi to all, I was working very hard last two months so I wasnt here and more important the number of my brain cells is greatly reduced (since you heard me last time). Anyway I want to share a few ideas how to make our world better.

Some people are crying that over 1000 people died in Israel during last year (because of violence) but look at another numbers:
-every day in Poland more that 10 people dies in car accidents, this give totally about 4500 people per year (not couning people dying in hospitals hours or days after accidents)
-40 people have frozen to death in two weeks of November and about 20 people in last week - why? they were drinking and going home decided to take a nap or felt tired and had to rest

Who is guilty? I dont see manifestations against Polish government, against manufacturers. Gov needs taxes, people need work, other die and everyone else is happy!
My idea: death penalty for manufacturers, sellers and users of cars and alcohol!
Lets made our Earth better place!
Old 01-04-2002, 03:54 PM   #2
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

I disagree on so many levels. But, I'm thinking that you are creating hot topics, so I'll refrain. Nice try though.
Old 01-05-2002, 04:27 AM   #3
Dramnek_Ulk

I Don't think that killing people who sell cars or alchohol is even worth considering.
I mean no disrespect to you but the viewpoint that it can all be solved with large scale slaughter of every automobile user and consumer of alchohol relatated products is rather immature and indeed unworkable in both the short and long term perspective.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

Oh, c'mon, Dramnek_Ulk. I think that Hiram Sedai is correct. Zbyszek really seems to be just yanking our chains. I'd just ignore this post.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 11:22 AM   #5
Zbyszek

But this is interesting that nobody is really protesting against alcohol. Of course I dont intend to slauhter everyone using car. We are saying this is cost of civilisation. People go to Israel and protest against Israeli government, make marches against terrorism and bombing Afganistan but in fact we dont protest against death. We see death as something distant, other people are dying. I am saying that people protest because they want to protest, to show theselves, because it is popular, not because they realy care.
Nobody really protest against production and selling of alcohol. If we count families broken by alcohol, murders etc. it can happen that alcohol cause more unhappiness than terrorism caused by organization or goverenents.
We grant ourselves freedom to drink, we want to have freedom to use drugs. Freedom to have gun? freedom to kill anybody?

Most of things that people do affect others. What is more important, invidual or society, species?
Will you grant me freedom to produce alcohol and use, to sell alcohol, to plant and produce drugs for myself, to sell it to other people, to kill somebody just because I dont like him?
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 04:20 PM   #6
Dramnek_Ulk

alchohol and guns are socially acceptable. Due to Capitalism people think of only what is good for themselves in the short term but do not realise that somethings are good for them and everyone else in the longterm. Cigerettes are another, more lethal that almost any banned drug, but legal purely beacuse its socailly aceptable to smoke.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:41 PM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

quote:

Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:

alchohol and guns are socially acceptable. Due to Capitalism people think of only what is good for themselves in the short term but do not realise that somethings are good for them and everyone else in the longterm. Cigerettes are another, more lethal that almost any banned drug, but legal purely beacuse its socailly aceptable to smoke.

Jeeeez, Dramnek_Ulk, what a complete pantload!!!! People not being able to make good decisions regarding long term problems doesn't have a bleeping damn thing to do with Capitalism. People don't need capitalism, communism, or any other kind of "ism" to make bad decisions. (Mind you, I don't smoke and I have never smoked, and I think that it's a disgusting habit.) I suppose that in your perfect world, the all-knowing ****ing government would protect the people from their bad decisions.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:12 AM   #8
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:

In other words you are saying that killing people is acceptable in one form why some others form of killing are not acceptable for you (I guess from other your posts) - or you agree with me and just blame capitalism?
I agree with Magness - people dont need capitalism nor communism to make themselves unhappy or to exploit others. But in my opinion it just means that people should be controlled because they can not make good - globally - decisions.
Companies care about their profit - not people or environment, governments about their economics, unless they are corrupted and dont care at all, parties and labour unions about their members and leaders interests.
Killing is socially and politically acceptable in our world and it is funny to see protests against foreign wars whle we are killing ourselves.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 05:06 AM   #9
Dramnek_Ulk

Large Scale capitalism leads always inevitably to what we have today, a messed up world. IF we behaved in a sensible manner (less consuming, less Prejudice etc) we could improve our living standards for everyone, But this would require a fundamental changing of perception for most people, due to the greed they have been imbued with. People are responsible enough to need no instrument of the ruling classes (or Government). It’s just that the pressures of capitalistic society create a situation where there is enough of everything for everyone, but only a few get it due to the pressures of greed & nationalism. Capitlism blinds people to what is best for everyone. For example it is good not to spew out Carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, but in order to make a few people rich now we make millions pay later, in global warming. Capitlism is the problem and will always be due to its fundamental Inequities.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:19 AM   #10
Zbyszek

As far as I agree with you about mess, greed etc. I cant agree that people are responsible.
If we could erase everyone and start to educate only small children - maybe it could work. But it is not possible to change grown men. How do you imagine to do it, to educate all people, tell them to share, to have smaller number of children (I hope that you see, that unlimited growth is not possible).

Anarchistic communism would be very good if people were ready. Today people dream about power about wealth. They remember harm done to their ancestors, religious and political leaders tell them to fight. They can be only forced to do something.