Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 06:25 AM   #1
Oruboris

Hi, looking for some advive:

>Who or what is 'DS Ball'-- has been on the conversation menu since get go, no one has anything useful to say about it/him.

>Things like the batwing and blue feather: how do I know who to give them to? is there a list somewhere? Are the diamond and ebon gem just to sell for cash, or do they have a purpose?

>Am leary of working for the T'rang: hated them in Crusaders. Plus, when I talk to Zant, he keeps wanting to discuss strategy and my 'mission' but neither shows up in the conversation menu.

>Where is the idol Shaman Das mentions? Think I've seen most of martins's bluff, can use the T'rangaporter, but no idol...

Any help appreciated!

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:58 AM   #2
GodSlayer
Dungeon Master

spoilser comming

>Things like the batwing and blue feather: how do I know who to give them to? is there a list somewhere? Are the diamond and ebon gem just to sell for cash, or do they have a purpose?

remember to talk to all npc's about some of the things they say.
the two rapax armorers (one in arnika and one in rapax castle) both make custom wepons and armors. Ask "custom" and then ask about each of these items, and they'll tell you what items they need. Some of those items you mention are for the items. The feather - Fuzzfas in Trynton has a red feather hanging in front of his store, so I guess that's the hint about him wanting the feather (he makes a nice potion of it)

>Am leary of working for the T'rang: hated them in Crusaders. Plus, when I talk to Zant, he keeps wanting to discuss strategy and my 'mission' but neither shows up in the conversation menu.

As above, ask about some of the things he says, not all goes to the list, but you can click on the words he says.
Note : do you have "simplified NPC conversations" active - if not nothing the NPC's say will be put into the list automatically.

>Where is the idol Shaman Das mentions? Think I've seen most of martins's bluff, can use the T'rangaporter, but no idol...

It is in upper marten's bluff up in one of the towers. You need to activate the catapult outside the wall, and after this you can climb the wall and get up into the towers. But remember to save before taking the idol, because something happens (you can't avoid it, but still..)

GodSlayer
GodSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:39 AM   #3
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

GodSLayer covered everything else but I'll help you out with that DSball. Remember that Savant Orb that talked to you outside the Savant Tower and told you not to try to Ascend? That's the DSBall. You'll run into several more of those things that have messages for you from the Dark Savant as you go through the game. And no one else will know anything about them -- it's just that in simplified NPC interaction, the name of whomever you are talking to automatically shows up on your Person list.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:27 PM   #4
Oruboris

Well, now I feel silly! Had the feeling the conversations were not all they should be, must be due to the simplified thing: will try and shut it down. Went in all the towers I could, didn't see idol, hope its not a bug-- I'll check again.

And the DS Ball thing: Can't beleive I didn't think of that! Was very late when I posted the above, and had dedicated most of the nights game session to trying to figure it out...

Thanks a ton! Am enjoying this game more than any since Deus, and its great to have somewhere to turn for help.

Oru
Old 04-25-2002, 04:03 PM   #5
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Quickie trip to the idol. From the front of the fort, go in the front door that leads you to the glass walled room that has the elevator down to Z'Ant. Keep going forward out into the courtyard into the door directly ahead. If you turn to the left, you should see an offshoot passage in the corner that goes up a ramp....

Go ahead and work for the T'Rang... it's worth some good experience and gold.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
otter
Elminster

If you can't get to the idol following GenXCub's directions, there's a door in the way, which you can open from another section of MB you get to from LMB. (up a spiral stairway, kill some ghosts, flip the switch)
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 02:42 AM   #7
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Only one of the stairways otter spoke of leads to the area with the ghost and the switch. There are two other stairs.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:30 AM   #8
Oruboris

Found it! THink I took the round about route, but hey, it worked. Am tempted to do the trang thing, as I'm a little low on gold, have been buying too many books for my bishop.

Will have to look up those potions for profits recipies...

thanks again,
Oru