Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, went to see this on "cheap night" last night.

Fun movie, definitely worth watching for action movie fans, with a few caveats -
this film is incredibly predictable, I saw every single plot twist coming. The opening car chase was great fun, almost equal to the car chase in Ronin.
In fact, the car scenes are the best part of the movie, with the exception of one unbelievable car stunt it was beautifully done. Once the fists start flying, this film shows a lot less polish. Frankly, the fight scenes were just over the top. Everything was well choreographed but so obviously set up, in fact in many places it was obvious the many opponents were merely punching bags (barely noticable pauses, etc). *yawn* There were a few noteable scenes that were a lot of fun; the scene where he kicks the door down, for ex.

As for the acting, I was pleasantly surprised to note the level of talent in this film is substantially higher than one would expect from, for example, Steven Seagal.

My rating 3 out of 5 (if you like action films; 2 out of 5 if you don't). I would rate this higher, but the predictability of the plot drags this otherwise good film down.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:37 PM   #2
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

But come on honestly you couldn't have gone to that movie looking for a well detailed indepth plot cause if you did then you went to the wrong movie. Thats why i find it hard to cut down on the rating due to the plot, movies like this are really not plot based for example Triple X. But thats cool i still liked your review you summed it up pretty well.

[ 10-16-2002, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Blind_Prophet ]
Old 10-16-2002, 10:10 PM   #3
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, BP, I wasn't looking for a detailed plot (although this one wasn't bad for detail) I was merely disappointed at the predictability. This is a good example of a film that follows formula a little too closely, and thats what I penalized it for. That's ok, though, I enjoyed it and will probably go see it again if I feel like going to the movies again before it stops playing.

As I said, some of the best car chase scenes I've seen.

Cheers!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:13 PM   #4
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Heh Heh yes the car chases were breath taking i might add, and your right some of the best i have ever seen too. I enjoyed the movie as well.

(by the way wasn't trying to give you a hard time about it)

[ 10-16-2002, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Blind_Prophet ]