Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 11:15 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

RE the bombings and planes crashing...

Keep praying my friends. This is horrible. It's so hard to imagine..

My chair's wife saw the second plane hit from her apt. She called him at 850am....I have friends from the area, who were coming to take me to lunch..they are glued to their televison and the tunnels/roads out are all shut down...

I'm frightened and upset and so very very sad for those who have lost loved ones...

Cloudy, in mourning for NYC and DC

edit: I'm sorry..I'm so shook up I made this a thread when I intended to answer another existing one.. forgive me.. this is really unnerving..
------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 11:28 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Don't worry, Cloudy, I think everyone here understands you. It's worse for you than most of us because you actually LIVE in NY. Oh gods...
I mourn the innocents dead and those who will die because of this.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 11:56 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Kaz. I know people there and don't even know if they are ok. I do know that the mayor just gave orders to evacuate... my God! We have always been so sure we were safe.. surprising to find you are just as vulnerable as anyone else.

Old 09-11-2001, 11:58 AM   #4
Vampire

I just noticed you live in NY, Cloudy! Are you okay? How come you are relatively unaffected.
Have you news on Yorrik?
Old 09-11-2001, 11:58 AM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Has anyone heard yet from Yorik or Moridin's wife???
Old 09-11-2001, 12:28 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

The governor has sent us all home.. employees are being told to leave government buildings.

I'm on my way home.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 09-11-2001, 01:22 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

All circuits into the city are busy, as can be expected. I'm trying but really think it'll be a while til we know. Manhattan is isolated, they've blocked it off for now.

The pictures on television... it's just devestating. I heard on the news just now that the conservative estimate of life lost is going to be in the thousands.

Cloudy, profoundly sad

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 09-11-2001, 01:24 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Avatar, thanks for the concern! I'm north of NYC by a few hours. I live near and work in the capitol of NY state, Albany. As a precaution, the Governor evacuated the state buildings and sent state workers home.

I'm so concerned for my friends IN the city right now! Yorick is one of them, but I've not heard from the others either.. it's nerve wracking!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 09-11-2001, 01:49 PM   #9
Conan

I am here my freinds..with not much to say now but I am safe. I am pretty much stunned right now. I made it home through much turmoil and sadness. The Pentagon is still smoking here and a state of emergency has been declared. The blast was great and even shook my house which is 10 minutes drive away.

Conan

Old 09-11-2001, 05:25 PM   #10
Lioness
Jack Burton

Cloudy and Conan, I am sooo glad you guys are ok. I have been praying constantly today for those in NYC and DC. It is so shocking and sad. We were told around 10 this morning at school, I was just shocked to hear about it. It was quite scary for us, since the plane was hijacked leaving Logan Airport in Boston, and we are just 30 mi. N of Boston. A friend of mine knew her dad was flying out to LA on business, and was scared to death. fortunately, her mom got the news her dad had arrived safely on a different plane. I am so grateful, but sad about all the people that have died or been hurt.

Again, I'll pray for all the people in NY and DC, and thank God that you are ok, Cloudy, and Conan. Please, everyone, even if you don't believe in God, just pray to anyone for those people in NY and the capital.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel