Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-06-2000, 07:20 PM   #1
Lily the Ranger

One other question . . . how do you get down ladders without going splat . . . it is really getting on my nerves.

Old 11-06-2000, 07:35 PM   #2
xenotoca

take the pain like the rest of us. another annoying bug and arguements over a patch beteween activision and HP probaly mean we will have to live with it.

Old 11-06-2000, 07:51 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Thanks - It's nice to know I am not alone. I have enough hit points that it is do-able now. : ) I shall continue to throw myself into the game.

Old 11-07-2000, 12:23 AM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I've found I can get down the ladders maybe 25% of the time without damage.. the problem is, it takes so long lining it up, with careful, petite taps to the mouse, that I found out it usually takes less time for natural regeneration to overcome the few points of damage than it does to carefully baby-walk my acrophobic party toward the ladder.
Old 11-07-2000, 10:47 AM   #5
Vincewind

Not sure if you have to take the pain or not. If you go to the old Millhouse near Valeia that has a ladder, now I can get down it without splatting, (sometimes) but no other ladder in game (yet) so you may want to practice there first, cause you can get down it without splatting, (look down, get over it, and you should start moving down it.) Hope this helps, and you don't splat as much as i did trying to get up and down it till i figured it out. (ps, like i said, it doesn't seem to work for any other ladder, but maybe I'm missing something)

Old 11-10-2000, 12:21 AM   #6
Calhoun

Of course, if you're a member of the Thieves Guild or the Bushi Dojo, you can spend 1000 gc and buy the Deadfall ability, which decreases the amount of damage you take from falling.

Old 11-10-2000, 02:33 PM   #7
Kate
Welcomed New User

Huh. Lining up carefully, gentle little taps and creeping forward, v..e..r..y carefully and....SPLAT!
I have not managed to get down a ladder yet without taking damage. Now I can't be bothered, I just jump off. It does annoy me though. I've even taken damage trying to get UP ladders, if you're not careful enough to keep it lined up, you fall off before you get to the top.
Old 11-10-2000, 04:59 PM   #8
Lily the Ranger

Some kind soul told me, as a Ninja, I could acquire the Dead Fall (?) skill. My resolve to only use funds honestly acquired is waivering . . .