Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-16-2005, 10:59 PM   #11
Imrahil
Elminster

Update: I added Alora, Fade, & Fonick.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:41 PM   #12
Imrahil
Elminster

Update: I added Kivan (of Shilmistra) & updated Tsujatha.

- Imrahil
Old 01-29-2005, 08:33 PM   #13
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

cool thread
Old 01-30-2005, 05:32 PM   #14
Ashara Dayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am sort of puzzled by the comment that Kivan has little to say to other NPCs. I do not beleive in adding banter for the sake of simply more screen time exposure, and I wanted banter topics to be variable. So instead of stamping out yet another: Why do you hate mages Valygar? or Anomen, you are arrogant bastard! for the sake of quantity I tried to go for more interesting ideas. And still, all NPCs got 3+ banters (appart from poor Yoshi). I however, reviewed the material upon reading this review and added extra banter.

I also asked JC about Keto's banter numbers, since Keto for me is an etalon of chattiness. I do want Kivan to talk less than Keto.

The minimum tally for KoS V4 will be (* - indicats banters will be added in V4 and for comparison I show Keto's in paranthesis):

Aerie (perviosly 7) *: 8 (6)
Anomen: 7 (12)
Cernd: 7 (4)
Edwin: 4 (3)
Haer'Dalis (previosly 3) *: 5 (4)
Imoen: 3 (3)
Jaheira: 5 (5)
Jan: 4 (4)
Keldorn (previously 4) *: 5 (6)
Korgan: 4 (5)
Mazzy: 4 (5)
Minsc (previously 3) *: 5 (5)
Nalia (previously 3) *: 5 (5)
Valygar (previously 4) *: 5 (3)
Viconia: 4 (5)
Yoshimo (previously 2) *: 4 (6)

The fact that I allow an Elven PC to diss Elves is intentional - PC was raised by humans, and being a demi-god, I think that the player can decide his attitudes towards other races without me looking over his shoulder and excluding his replies. On the other hand there are Elven PC specific replies that allow the palyer to show that he is an Elf. And of course, a female PC have a lot of additional options. There will be more of them in the talks to come.

I do disagree that he is dull or have little personality, matter of taste imo

The rest I agree with - we definetly do need ToB, interjections, and all that jazz. Demin encounter will be revised to add more options - we discussed it with Hendryk long ago.
Ashara Dayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #15
Magness
Quintesson

Ashara, I agree with your comment about Kivan not being dull or having little personality. But this is not because I've played Kivan.

No, I agree because I think that it's rather wrong to associate a real person's or an NPC's chattiness with having personality. Being a quiet, stoic person does NOT mean mean that you don't have "personality". It just means that your personality is to be quiet and stoic. Not everyone things that being chatty equates to having personality. Some of us find that chattiness is simply an inability to keep one's mouth shut and is a sign of excessive annoyance.

Good luck with Kivan.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #16
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

dont suppose anybody knows where to get a good swashbuckler npc do they?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:02 AM   #17
Imrahil
Elminster

Alora is a Halfling Swashbuckler, available as part of the Chosen of Mystra BG2 Encounters pack.

Also, if you look here, there's a MOD that will turn Imoen into a Swashbuckler.

- Imrahil
Old 02-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #18
Ashara Dayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for your opinion, Magness [img]smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately introverted personality might not be universally appealing and is difficult to convey in the media, where dialogue is the only tool for characterization. I thought, I succeeded, but this review shows that I did not.

I am trying now to initiate a private discussion with Imrahil to see if I indeed underworked the dialogues for certain NPCs and correct the shortfalls, or if Kivan is simply not his type and there is nothing for it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Ashara Dayne ]
Ashara Dayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #19
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks imrahil, although i dont want to seem picky, (i know i am, but all the same) does anyone know where i could find a elf/human/halfelf/halforc swashbuckler, i dislike having small people in my party...
Old 04-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #20
Imrahil
Elminster

Update: I added Saerileth & Therrin.

- Imrahil