Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

My young relationship with a certain somebody appears to be having a slight deficience. Thus, my question is, do you know of effective ways to create a good impression of oneself in the eyes of a girl?

Guys, tell me how you impress women, women, tell me what impresses you in a guy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

ROFL

how long is a piece of string?

Completely depends on the girl. Some will be impressed by sports skills, some by you having loads of money (you don't wanna go for this type, no matter how good she looks), some just by honesty. However one thing I think most women like is having a good balance of confidence, without being cocky.

Also, most women enjoy men being more thoughtful with them, whether they admit it or not, i.e. pay more attention to the little things.

But in the end a lot of things'll come down to whether she basically finds you attractive (at first physically and secondly as a person/character), or not. If she does, you just gotta basically not mess up too much, just be yourself and you're in there

oh yeah there are also some things that will always help, like having a good body (go to the gym ) some women will find this less or not important but it can't hurt right? Given all other things are equal, women will always prefer well-defined muscles to flab

[ 11-07-2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Thanks for the positive, clear and quick reply, Vask.

LOL, I have relatively well-defined body, the physical and personality attraction are there, but she simply isn't as crazy about me as I am about her. [img]tongue.gif[/img] My problem is that I'm having a slightly depressed state, since I'm afraid she never will be.

But eh, on with the replies.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Agree with Vaskez, though a good sense of humour won't hurt either. And even though you admit to having a certain level of depression here, try not to show any of that - instead, try to radiate a sense of optimism, non-complexity and light-heartedness. Give them a feeling they're dating you first, and not the problems you may be carrying around.

[ 11-07-2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Be yourself uss -- period. Because "yourself" will eventaully come out regardless of what face you put on now. But don't spill your life story in one sitting as so many people do. The result is that people flee. Also, as Vaskez touched on, humor is very important. I have had women tell me this more times than I can count. I have also read it in numerous places. A good book for you would be "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" by John Gray. I'm serious, great book and so absolutely true.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You have a lot of money ?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ever the pragmatist, hey Johnny-Bob?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Whatever you do, never mess with her mother. Ever. Don't even joke about it. Surefire way of finding yourself shot down. (Unless of course you are more into the mom than the daughter - all mentioned above being over the age of majority in your area, of course.) As well, try not to allow certain bodily functions rule your dates (e.g. farting, bladder issues, etc.) Never works out in the end.

Things TO do:

read that book mentioned above. as well, read some of those women's magazines. you'd be surprised how much good information you can glean from those things if you work at it. Cosmopolitan is one of the best insider sources (as far as I have been concerned). This is assuming, of course, you are brushing your teeth, staying away from really bad clothing choices, and treating her with general respect.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

If you have to step out of character to impress her, she's not the right one.

Idealistic and cheesey? Yeah, maybe. But it's also true.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Read women's magazines? Why ever for? So you can discuss "5 Ways to Please Your Man?"