Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2001, 07:15 PM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Yes my friends, the unthinkable has happened: Jerome has got rid of his glasses.

In line with modern trends, Jerome was seen purchasing a pair of contact lenses, and subsequently poking himself in the eyes several hundred times while trying to get them in.

He can often be seen now, wandering round the streets of Glasgow maveling at his newfound sight. Several people have failed to recognise him, and others are being treated in hopsital for shock as we speak.

Now the crowds of weeping men, women and children all embrace, their tears flowing into one river of sadness. The one thing in life they always thought would remain the same has been removed, and are left with only a bitter message: Things will never be the same again.

------------------
Old 07-09-2001, 08:47 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am living proof that the Laser eye surgery works, sometimes better than expected!
When they do the operation, they shoot for more than 20/20, like they calculate for 20/05 or 20/10, with the expectancy that your eyes will heal, and as the healing effect begins, it brings you back out towards blindess, but will stop somewhere around 20/20. That is the theory they explained to me, anyway. Well, I asked them why my vision healing system did not work the way they anticipated, and they could not give me an answer, because I can see 20/05 with both eyes! I am almost to the point of the blessed x-ray vision my brother! (hehe).
There is only one draw-back. When I first had the operation, I had to wear dark sunglasses at night to drive, for the lights at night were deadly painful. But I am ok, now.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-09-2001).]
Old 07-09-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Never fear folks - kiwidocs glasses are a permanent fixture.

Everytime I have tried contacts I have had such an extreme allergic reaction not only couldn't I see a thing, my shirts were soaked
Old 07-09-2001, 09:03 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I wear both glasses and contacts. (not at the same time..doh!)
My sisters have had the laser treatment.
Congratulations Jerome...It feels kind of liberating eh?
Old 07-09-2001, 09:03 PM   #5
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Yes my friends, the unthinkable has happened: Jerome has got rid of his glasses.

In line with modern trends, Jerome was seen purchasing a pair of contact lenses, and subsequently poking himself in the eyes several hundred times while trying to get them in.

He can often be seen now, wandering round the streets of Glasgow maveling at his newfound sight. Several people have failed to recognise him, and others are being treated in hopsital for shock as we speak.

Now the crowds of weeping men, women and children all embrace, their tears flowing into one river of sadness. The one thing in life they always thought would remain the same has been removed, and are left with only a bitter message: Things will never be the same again.

Ok, that's funny. I don't know whay it struck me but it did. It's just funny.

LOL!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 07-09-2001, 09:12 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Jerome,

Love my contact lenses... had em for years! Feels a million times better, vision-wise and you'll enjoy them!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-09-2001, 09:17 PM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Congratulations Jerome!!!

------------------

Old 07-09-2001, 09:50 PM   #8
Moni

Congrats Jerome!
I wore them way back when lol and eventually ended up with a damaged tear duct from the repeated dehydration of my eyes.
It was not a known cause of worry (for women mainly) for decades but by the time it was found out, it was too late for many of us to ever be able to wear them again.
Enjoy your newfound freedom from glasses and keep those eyedrops handy!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-09-2001, 09:53 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I used to wear contacts until my eyes decided that they were some dort of prooblem to be fought off, so my body sent White Blood Cells to my eyes to fight them off. That blurred my vision, badely, and I had to drop them forever.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Old 07-09-2001, 10:31 PM   #10
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Bravo for you Jerome. I am sure your handsomeness is greatly enhanced. 'Course, none of us will truly know since you have yet to share your lovely face with the rest of us!! Perhaps you would be so kind as to post your before AND after contacts pictures at Stealthy's? Are you up to the challenge?

Hope to see you there oh-newly-sighted-one!

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

Thank you to the kind R³
for being such eloquent
& witty spokesmen.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 07-09-2001).]