Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2001, 06:16 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

Last night I went up against Irenicus the first time with the following party:

Me (19th level sorcerer)
Anomen (19th level cleric)
Minsc (18th level ranger)
Keldorn (18th level inquisitor)
Jaheira (13th/13th level fighter/druid)
Imoen (13th level mage)

Summoned a few nishruu, a few skeleton warriors and Jaheira's fire elemental and backed away. Irenicus actually chased Anomen around a bit (but with boots of speed, Anomen ran circles around him). Didnt lose anyone and suffered very little damage (tho I buffed the party up with a few death ward spells to counter Wail of the Banshee).

Rested in Hell before opening the final door and fighting him again. My sorcerer casted Time Stop, Simulacrum and Mislead, and Imoen used a Simulacrum scroll. Pelted the demons and Irenicus (who was now in Slayer form) with Breach, Greater Malison, Lower Resistance etc... Summoned everything I could (including Keldorn's Deva, who rocked big time!). Quite a fight but only my front line fighters (Anomen, Minsc and Keldorn) suffered any significant damage.

One thing I did notice was that I didn't get any EXP for beating Irenicus the 2nd time. Hmm.. Now I'm not sure if I want to try ToB first or take another stab at SoA with a different party (Fighter dualled to Cleric, Kensai dualled to Cleric both appeal to me).

Took me 95 days (game time), tho I'm sure I rested more than was neccessary in the early going before I got a feel for the game. How long did it take anyone else to do it?

Gotta say this game rocks...
Old 11-01-2001, 06:35 PM   #2
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

congratulation on beating Johnny-boy and finishing SoA

I would suggest you go ahead into ToB; you have a very good party (in term of power and alighment) and shouldn't have anything to fear. besides, how can you resist your destiny and delay it any longer?

and a word regarding a kensai/cleric - sure, it's a viable character, but how is a sword saint that can't use edged weapons gonna feel?
Old 11-01-2001, 06:36 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well good for u. I hoped u liked it, cuz i did. GOod luck on TOB, if u decide to play it!

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 11-01-2001, 11:12 PM   #4
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Good job!!! It took me 65 days to complete all of SoA, including all the side quests. I just hate resting unless I absolutely have to.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:39 AM   #5
hagimihale
Manshoon

Oops. I meant Kensai dualed to Mage.

I'll definitely be trying ToB - can't wait to get home from work tonight to start it... but I also have a feeling I'll start another party in SoA.