Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2001, 05:59 PM   #11
hagimihale
Manshoon

I had this problem with Nalia in the beginning of the game and that's partially why I dumped her butt.

Towards the end of the game I had a similiar problem with Imoen and my PC (male sorcerer) who were in the back of the party. I would have my party enter an area but they would hold back, just standing there and not moving. SO I would have to highlight them by themselves and have them move.

I wonder why this happens?
Old 11-01-2001, 06:02 PM   #12
Aenlron_TrueSword
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ouch my sorry for you friend
Good luck from now on

------------------
Aenlron TrueSword
Human Cavalier
Old 11-01-2001, 06:11 PM   #13
andrewas
Harper

this happens becasue the pathfinding in infinity is CRAP!

there is no way around it. youd think they could have tried to make them stay in formation when they moved but no. imoen also did this to me in suldenasselar, while nalia did it in another direction. fortunatley this was after id been on a massive wave of destruction throughout the city.

i would suggest trying ti find a spot that will let you fire on the golems without them getting to u. if its the group im thinking about you should be in the south of the city and there is a platform there that fits the bill.

otherwise, just use your last save.

Old 11-01-2001, 06:37 PM   #14
Drifter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What's the best way to deal with the iron and adamantite golems? Even using Crom Faeyr i'm still getting my butt whipped. And no-one else seems to be able to even deal damage to them.

------------------
The meek shall inherit the Earth. But the strong shall reclaim it as their own.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:43 PM   #15
Lazarus
Manshoon

Hmm.. I usually Use the power of all my party members to Defeat an adamantite Golem. The Trick is to fight them while thier not in groups, but for youre situation It's gonna be tough. I think you should load the game again

------------------
The Genesis

It is only the beginning...

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 09:49 PM   #16
Synthos
Manshoon

1. Lure the big golem to a passage he can't fit through.
2. Put some poison protection on.
3. Get a two handed weapon that can deal damage to the golem, Gesen Bow and Tashedneron's Bow also work.(can't spell)
4. Poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke...... dead golem.. He can't touch you..

------------------

Quote:
"Est Sularis Oth Mithas"-->Honour Is My Life
Old 11-02-2001, 02:16 AM   #17
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

even with missile and melee weapons that can actually hurt adamantite golems, it takes so damn long to kill them, so get them stuck somewhere and kill whatever's accompanying it first, then bash it, heavily and with righteous malice. if you've got spells to spare, a few (well, 4) lower resistances plus a greater malison and you can chromatic orb it; very satisfying.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:32 AM   #18
tehmpus
The Magister

dont forget to use your 50 charge cloudkill wand against the golems.

So Sayeth the God of WAR!

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe