Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 01:24 PM   #1
uhulio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to pickpocket Bernard, in the Copper Coronet, I got caught redhanded which pissed the big guy off to no end. Is there anyway to beg for forgiveness, pay tribute or charm him back to a friendly status? I picked his pocket on the 4th day of the campaign and now, a month in everytime I go to the Coronet, I gotta knock his arse out cold. Anyone know of a fix? I wouldn't mind getting some lodging or even buying some of his wares if he would let me. Its not like I stepped out with his old lady. sheesh.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:29 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Have you tried Charm? (the spell, I mean). I'm not sure if that would work, though.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 01:31 PM   #3
uhulio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did try a Domination, it turned him green but it would not let me talk to him. I don't believe you can initiate dialogue with charmed people either. However, with the domination spell I tried to get him killed in a good ole fashioned bar brawl but he is really tough. His fists were making mince meat outta the hooligans in the bar.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:14 PM   #4
Starkiller
The Magister

you know, that is the one problem in SoA, you can no longer talk to charmed people and find out true answers if they were lying and such like you could in BG1. I mean, domination IS supposed to give you access to the subjects thoughts, so whats the deal?

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-22-2001, 02:18 PM   #5
Redblueflare
Galvatron

If you stole from him and got caught, you better have a save. He'll attack you everytime you come in. You have trouble stealing from him with thievery above 200. That alone takes about 5 potions of master thievery. Don't even bother next time!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:33 PM   #6
oldbittercraig
Elminster

proving once and for all that crime doesn't pay.
Old 08-22-2001, 03:01 PM   #7
uhulio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nah, crime pays fine. Its getting caught that sucks. So be it. Bernard is now my arch enemy. I am going to torment him each and everytime I am near that bar. Think Ill polymorph him and flesh to stone his ass for all the world to see.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:52 PM   #8
trux

You can't initiate dialog with someone you charmed/dominated. The charm/domination spell won't even last long enough so you'd have to keep redoing it every time you went into the Copper Coronet anyway. Load a previously saved game.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-22-2001, 07:38 PM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Yep. The colours red and green are conversation stoppers.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-22-2001, 08:02 PM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Usually, when I have to charm a civilian, it is when I will never see them again. I see no point in visiting Bernard after you have stolen his cloak. Other pointers include if you are seen killing (or attacking) someone who isn't Evil (or doesn't seem to be).

(Sorry, I sounded like a toddler )

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 08-22-2001).]