Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

A link would be fine! LOL

------------------
The more thou sweateth in training, the less though bleedeth in combat
Old 08-20-2001, 12:42 AM   #2
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/

All will be revealed.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:05 AM   #3
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Keep in mind it is a cheat program, using it will change the game play totally. I for one do not support the use of these "Trainers" as the make a game totally useless in the sense they take out the chalenge. I've decided to start a new game after my last one, I knew very well that I'd have to regain all the experience but I did not mind doing a great many of the same quests again as it is part of how you learn to correct your mistake.

Heck, my first team, I took out the Shadow Dragon in about 1 hour (10 minutes when I found the correct spell squence). In this new team, it took me over 4 hours of hard combat, hard, run in, fight, run out, run in, fight, run out. One of the toughest fight. I could easily take the cheating route, but then again, would I have cussed this much at my computer and the game? ;]
Old 08-20-2001, 02:06 AM   #4
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:

Keep in mind it is a cheat program, using it will change the game play totally. I for one do not support the use of these "Trainers" as the make a game totally useless in the sense they take out the chalenge.
This is only true if you USE it like that. If you open up your save game and change your character's movement rate, natural AC, saving throws, etc. then of course you're taking the fun out of the game. But it can also be used to do things that do not affect the game-play, like change the sh*tty BG portraits to cool ones that fit your characters better, or check your Global Variables to monitor the progress of something.

Liliara, ShadowKeeper is very user-friendly. Once you download it and install it you'll be able to use it with complete ease. Very self-explanatory and very useful.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-20-2001, 02:13 AM   #5
oldbittercraig
Elminster

After several beers, a cursing fit or three, and a bruised fist, I give up and could use some help.

I downloaded and unzipped Shadowkeeper, but could not open it... it listed the needed components and I had them all, yet I still couldn't figure out how to open it. I erased it and downloaded again and the result was the same. Any suggestions?

Also, using the CLUA editor, I got the damned "active stack" bit when trying to adjust my character (I added boots of speed to the entire party to cut down on walk time, as well as bags of holding gems, etc...)

I proceeded to clear the "active stack list" in the baldur.ini file, still the error occurred. Anyone have any idea how to clear the stack short of reloading the entire game?

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2001, 12:39 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:

Keep in mind it is a cheat program, using it will change the game play totally. I for one do not support the use of these "Trainers" as the make a game totally useless in the sense they take out the chalenge. I've decided to start a new game after my last one, I knew very well that I'd have to regain all the experience but I did not mind doing a great many of the same quests again as it is part of how you learn to correct your mistake.
I think that you should do whatever makes the game fun for you. Some people like the challenge. Others like to make their characters into ubermunchkins and walk through the game like gods. To each his own. I think that Shadowkeeper's a great tool to customize your gaming experience.

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 01:34 PM   #7
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I think that you should do whatever makes the game fun for you. Some people like the challenge. Others like to make their characters into ubermunchkins and walk through the game like gods. To each his own. I think that Shadowkeeper's a great tool to customize your gaming experience.
Sorry but I respectfuly do not agree with the theory of "To each his own". The game was meant for being played one way. It cost enough to buy it as to enjoy it the way it was build. Taking the "cheating" route only makes this game a generic nothing, might as well not play it out as you change one aspect that you cannot change otherwise, you change the game totally and (in my book) you do not play BGII but something else. I know you are the moderator, and hope you won't mind my different opinion as I do not hold my opinion for anyone, I speak freely regardless of who is what.

Again, it is a matter of personal taste, but I know that cheats are not in my book, even cheats that are discovered in the games, the ones that don't take any tools, like the 35k XP gained and regained for ever if you go back to the auto-save before entrying the Asylum via the "I'm insane" path.

I do not support cheating and will never support it but I also am a realist and know that some people out there prefer it to the hard route. Viconia would have some words for them ;]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wildhorse (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old 08-20-2001, 02:37 PM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I love shadowkeeper. It allows you to edit your characters if a huge, "reload from start" problem occurs like you put down a key that is the only thing that'll get you through a frigging door and it'll take three r/l days to find it; or you've changed your mind about the roleplay aspect of your character and to maintain enjoyment you just have to give your Barbarian mastery in Two handed swords instead of missiles and quaterstaffs you mistakenly chose.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-20-2001, 02:46 PM   #9
Lord Shield

Wildhorse, I could care less for Viconia's words as she's nothing but pixels and scripting - if you canno accept people doing what they like with a product they spent THEIR money on, then that's tough! You do not run this world

I did not use Shadowkeeper for cheating - I used it to circumvent bugs before the appropriate patch and, of course, to turn my elf fighter/mage/thief into a chicken (see my link below)

Being a chicken is no advantage (try it and see) and made the game more fun that time through

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 08-20-2001).]

Old 08-20-2001, 09:48 PM   #10
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I have already finished the game twice without any cheats. Now I want to have fun in a different way. I see nothing wrong with it. I am not forcing anyone to do the same.

------------------
The more thou sweateth in training, the less though bleedeth in combat