Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #41
RoobokWebak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well i chose this method as it seemed just about as hard as i could make the game and i wondered if it was possible. It was a challenge but the only times it seemed it wasnt possible is right at th start when the monsters are solid - i quickly caught up and it was mainly the 'extra' monsters you usually get with bosses on HOF mode that made things hard - like the mages in the yxunomie fight. Which was probably that hardest fight. I expected real trouble with the final fight but my magic shield blocked the dispell which would have made this a very hard battle.

I'd be interested to hear how things with the F/m/t goes, santuary was very helpful to me, and summon skel early on - so the orc caves at the start will be hard. Also once stoneskin and other mage spells wear off, its hard to recast them while being attacked, this could pose a problem in TotLM where there is only 2 sleepin spot (in the final dungeon).

Also has anyone ever seen this- it happened to me twice - you get hit by a spell while walking - for whatever reason you charcter speeds up and walks right through walls - did this in the section with the dungeon when you get locked in, and reopened the locked gate and went back out of the dungeons, all very strange.

I have been scouring for a new rpg to play - played baldurs gate on the ps2, got to lvl 30 and completed on the hardest setting within a week - boring - i need real replayability. Anyone any suggestions? no onliners tho- i get far too addicted to games (as you may have noticed) and online games = bad for my guitar skills.

Anyway hope this guide will hlp someone at some point (not really a guide) but if you post here ill probably see it and might be able to help. i suggest that if you have sompleted the game a few times and then on HOF mode, you should try this, it brings new value to different spells and makes you think about the battles beforehand, taking the order of spells you cast into account. Anyway see you all soon.

Rob
RoobokWebak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #42
RoobokWebak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quick tip - when your fighting the beetles in the pub in easthaven - it will take ages to hit them, as this will probably be the first fight you have, use the spell command - it sends them of to sleep and you get a guarenteed hit - this really speeds up te process.

ps sorry for my silly spellings
RoobokWebak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #43
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Just use the staff with which your character is equipped upon starting the game. The fire beetles attack only if you are within a reach of 1 from them; the staff has a reach of 2.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:06 AM   #44
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

I think I've only ever been attacked by them once. It didn't kill my character fortunately.

What levels did you end up at RoobokWebak? I'm just wondering what sort of play you would get with a cleric/mage (or cleric/illusionist for that fact)?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:24 AM   #45
Aerich
Lord Ao

You would probably max out with a two-class character. I would really recommend getting a warrior class into your mix, though. I started a solo cleric game once, and it was terribly difficult to hit anything.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:57 AM   #46
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
You would probably max out with a two-class character. I would really recommend getting a warrior class into your mix, though. I started a solo cleric game once, and it was terribly difficult to hit anything.
I know exactly what you mean. There's nothing quite so frustrating as to see your character swinging wildly around without hitting anything. I've had high-level single-class characters who on paper are more than capable of fighting but in practice couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. In the middle of the Atlantic. In a storm. When it's raining.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:00 AM   #47
Aerich
Lord Ao

I gave up about lvl 8. Hitting a yeti once every other round is boring.