Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Smiley

Hello all,
I am very proud of myself having killed Malavon and his evil umber hulks and worse still those pesky iron golems. I have searched out all the cupboards/Malavon's corpse and throne and there is no badge. Also I cannot exit his set of rooms ... what am I missing? Is the badge hidden somewhere?
I am one very confused Jelly. Help please!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Are all of his summoned creatures and/or "special helpers" dead? Normally, his badge will be on his remains. If not, CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MALAVON"); to put the badge into your inventory. Since you already finished him off, that is an acceptable use of the cheat console. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

I killed everything except the blind smurfs or whatever they're called, I'm assuming they are good guys since they don't attack me? I have never used the console, is there a thread that explains how to use it for the non-technically minded? Thank you Azred. This forum is sooooo helpful. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Yes, there is a thread here. Fortunately, you can use the search feature for the phrase "cheat console".

I think the config utility allows you to activate the cheat console in the game. From the game, hit CTRL + TAB (I think that's the combination) and you will have a prompt line into which you type the command listed in my earlier post.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Oh dear, I don't seem to be having much luck with this. I checked out some threads, typed Cheats=1 under Game Options in the icewind.ini file, that didn't work, so I downloaded and installed the 1.06 patch and tried again and still the console won't open. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I may just have to go away and have a little tantrum now. Thank you for trying to help me though.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Are you sure you killed the real Malavon?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #7
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Er...well there was only one of him..... I killed him before he had a chance to cast any spells.. so if there's another one hanging around, where is he? Now i'm even more confused, :S and noone wants their jellies confused, believe me.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Jelly Sculptress:
Er...well there was only one of him..... I killed him before he had a chance to cast any spells.. so if there's another one hanging around, where is he? Now i'm even more confused, :S and noone wants their jellies confused, believe me.
Ok that explains it. I think you killed him too fast so the second one didnt get a chance to appear.

Do you have a save just before the battle? (try the autosave)
Old 09-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #9
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

ZFR, Dundee and Azred thank you, thank you! I reloaded and left the guy I killed to his own devices, dealt with the other monsters and went back for him and another Malavon appeared, with, once dead, hey presto, a badge! Who'd have thought you could kill a baddie too quickly for your own good? I always go straight for the magic users you see, because my party is invariably useless in the magic resistance department. Thank you all! Tantrum averted. [img]smile.gif[/img]