Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 04:00 PM   #61
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Hmmm, let's see...

In Canada:

British Columbia
Alberta
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island

In the US:

Washington
Oregon
California
Hawaii
Massech-however you spell it
New Hampshire
Maine

That's it, nowhere exciting, but hope to get to Estonia one day soon.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:04 PM   #62
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Norom, you have GOT to be kidding!!! Did that really happen to you? Wow! [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

BTW, small correction: Flemish is not Dutch mixed with German. It is very close to Dutch but has slightly different syntax and some unique words Dutch doesn't have. It's sort of one step further than a dialect. [img]smile.gif[/img]

sadly, im not. i tend to get in trouble when i travel. i dont mean to, and its usually not my fault. but i do anyways. but again, who doesnt?

and i didnt know that about flemish. i was told it was a dialect and that it was very close to being dutch, but since it also sounded a little german to me, i just assumed it was a mix of the 2. obviously i never said a word in it. luckily in the south and west of belgium they speak mainly french, which is much easier to understand. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2002, 05:35 PM   #63
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My friends and I got kicked out of the Cincinnati airport (located in Erlanger Kentucky) lol, and forced to rebook our flights for the next day. So I know what you mean norompanslporakjcvjvjfjv [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #64
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
My friends and I got kicked out of the Cincinnati airport (located in Erlanger Kentucky) lol, and forced to rebook our flights for the next day. So I know what you mean norompanslporakjcvjvjfjv [img]smile.gif[/img]

lol loa... [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2002, 06:57 PM   #65
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I was born in Germany, on a US military base, I am technically American, I lived in Europe for 10 years and have been in every country in Europe including France, spain, Mayorka, England, Sweden, Holland you name it. From there Ive been to the US, and Ive been in every untied state execpt washington state, but i have been to washington DC and currently I live in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba -_-
Old 02-15-2002, 10:33 AM   #66
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:

ok. its not that bad though. well, actually, it is... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

when i was travelling through belgium, i bought the go pass (its a train ticket thats worth for 10 trips). the beauty of it is that you can go from one end of the country to the other, and its only 1 trip. so you basically get that and you can go from city to city, or town to town, sleeping a day or two in each, and get to visit almost all of belgium really cheap. but i digress. anyways, thing is one of the first towns i went to is eupen (located near the border with holland) since i wanted to make my way from north to south. it is a VERY small town. there were only a couple hostels and they were family places. i mean, the owners lived there and rented you their rooms. the first one was full, so obviously i went to the other one, owned by a lonely woman of around 100 years old, and luckily there was room. it was a beautiful place, in front of a plaza that overlooked an ancient gothic church and a pub. the town was gorgeous. everything built in stone plus the place was in mountainous terrain with a little river some 2 kms away.

thing is that night i went to the plaza and sat in the pub to have a drink. it was full of locals... old locals. i think the youngest person there must have been 60 years old (i was 22). everybody talking in flemish (kind of dutch mixed with german) and i couldnt make out a thing. well, since i was bored and had nothing to do or nobody to talk to, i drank... i drank a lot. i must have downed 5 big glasess of beer (im not a big drinker, btw) when i decided that it was a good idea that i mingled with the locals. so i started trying to communicate with the people there in a mix of spanish, english, french and aufriedersen (all i know in german). must have made quite an impression, cause some invited me drinks, which i was happy to accept.

things kind of go hazy after that, and i remember little. i do remember saying something... i dont know what, but it must have been pretty offensive because suddenly everybody stopped talking and started to stare at me like they were going to stake me and burn me to death. it was amazing really.

my conservation instinct kicked in and i made a quick exit, only to find out it was really late and the ladys house i slept at was already closed. she was either deaf, or didnt care, cause no matter how much i pounded her door or rang her doorbell she never opened. so i decided it would be natural to try and climb to my window. after all, how hard that could be...? very hard, especially when youre drunk. after a couple of minutes of feeble attemps, i was spotted by people exiting the pub... when they saw me in my poor attempts at climbing, they hastily decided i was a thief.

to make it short, i was severely beaten up after a short chase through the streets of that little town, and thrown in the only cell in the police headquarters. the next day the put me on a train with half of the population looking at me in the station like i was some sort of vicious criminal, and warned never to step on eupen again.

OMG!!!! What an awful thing to happen! I'm afraid I can't match that at all. I did once travel with someone who had some illegal substances in his shoe - in all fairness, I didn't know at the time. He was stopped for a passport check for 1 1/2 hours at Cairo airport. He wasn't caught, thank goodness, they were more concerned about immigration than customs, but when I found out later, I was horrified and he got an earful from me, what a stupid stupid thing to do, could have had us all arrested. That is more a horror story that never happened than an amusing incident - scared the hell out of me.