Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
samoza
The Magister

Ive started playing the game again and my previous experiences have led me to jump staight into the harder quests. i find my self unable to cope( for instance , doing evil dwarf bloke...err cant remember name... quest and go into that room and all those undead run at me, no way i can defeat them with level 8 charcters and crap equipment). cant really remeber wot i did first last time,ne suggestions?
Old 07-14-2001, 01:42 PM   #2
Tuor
Elminster

Try in the following order(Minor spoiler)

1. The circus
2. The Bridge murders
3. the non eyeless cult temple quests
4. Tradmeet (although the troll mound can be tough at low level)
5. De'Arnise Hold
6. Thieves guild quest
7. The Umar Hills

Should get you to a reasonable level without too much danger

DO NOT try the Firkaag adventure until you are at least level 10 and have some decent +3 weapons because it is quite tricky..
Old 07-14-2001, 03:26 PM   #3
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

The copper coronet/slaver quest i think is best- (for a first quest)-not obvious, as i never did it the first time i played. Talk to Lethinian in the Copper coronet to try to get access to the back rooms..
Old 07-14-2001, 03:30 PM   #4
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

The copper coronet/slaver quest i think is best- (for a first quest)-not obvious, as i never did it the first time i played. Talk to Lethinian in the Copper coronet to try to get access to the back rooms..
Old 07-14-2001, 03:40 PM   #5
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Old 07-14-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The Cult of the Eyeless is one of the hardest quests in the whole game! You have to kill tons of undead, and tons of beholders and beholder kin. All the rest are easy except #3. Hmm, perhaps I just confused myself. Anyways, the quests that the other temples asign to you can be quite hard also. I would recommend keeping away from the Temple District until you reach around level 11.

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 07-14-2001).]
Old 07-14-2001, 03:51 PM   #7
Ratweed
Manshoon

and if you want to you can get a very easy +3 weapon just do hte lilicor quest in the copper coranet its in the sewers under the place
Old 07-15-2001, 11:06 AM   #8
Tuor
Elminster

Sorry didn't make myself clear what I meant to say was no 3. agree to do all the quests for the temple and do them all except the cult of the unseeing eye which is quite frankly bloody hard. The others the temple of helm give you are straightfoward and don't involve a lot of fighting.I.e Sir Sarles, the dawn ring etc.

Trademeet is good because you get three reputation points as well as a load of xp for not to much hurt.

I also forgot the slaves quest that's quite easy for a low level party I usually do it after the circus.

There are also three very easy graveyard quests that net you a load of xp

Hope that's clearer.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:32 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

With some careful strategy you can take out the party of guys in the inn in the Promanade (i forget the name) You can get some deccent stuff to get your party going.

minor spoiler
-
-
-
-
Though the dwarven fighter is a right b*stard to kill.

------------------