Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-01-2001, 05:00 PM   #1
!Unknown!

Help! I just got BG2 and right after the dialoge with Imoen at the beging the game crashes! I dl the new patch to see if it helped but no. Help!
Thanks

Old 01-01-2001, 05:45 PM   #2
!Unknown!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Old 01-01-2001, 06:23 PM   #3
One ANGRY lil' man

Need more info than that lets see this would help.
-System Specs
-OS version
-Any noticeable anomalies before the crash
-Anything out of the ordinary at all like during the new game or character creation?

Old 01-06-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
NocturN

I'm experiencing the same problem on my system: Thunderbird 1GHz, MSI K7T-PRO2A motherboard, 300 Watt PS, 128 MB PC100 SDRAM, Creative GeForce 2 GTS 32MB, Creative Live Player 1024, Maxtor 40GB HD, Win2K and WinME. Under WinME I can't even get the game installed. My computer reboots while installing or gives some strange Windows protection error. Under Win2K the installation works, but that is also everything that works. During gameplay I get so many lockups, reboots, etc...... I think it's a hardware problem and will get my computer manufacturar to have a look at it.

Old 01-06-2001, 11:06 PM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Actually, I think more than likely it is a Windows problem. Windows 2000 is an NT derivative. They have had problems in that environment. Also, with those kind of configurations, a video card can also be causing your problem. Windows doesn't seem to like certain hardware/software configurations. I have heard that Windows ME runs BGII pretty stable, so can't understand why you can't install, unless you have a dual boot system. Sometimes when you have this kind of setup, an install program will get confused and mix the resources. Your idea to take it and have it checked for hardware isn't a bad idea, at least you can put to rest the question about the video card. Other than that, you definitely have the minimum system requirements met. Wish I had a 1Ghz system. ;o)
Old 01-06-2001, 11:11 PM   #6
Archlich Azuth

sorry it came up twice

Old 01-06-2001, 11:11 PM   #7
Archlich Azuth

hard ware proably. software might be better. i just had mine overhalled and it crashed. try setting the config settings to a lower computer settings ie for me below average.