Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 07:21 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

How many people here are in guilds or clans in computer games, such as CS CoD and EQ? I'm part of the Saphire Legion in WoW, and was an ex member of the Eldritch Council in EQ. You? What is the experiance like, and why did you join?

[ 12-31-2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:44 PM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Call of duty: [MC] (Multigaming Crew) - [MC]Dextrous

Soldat (thankyou Bozos! [img]smile.gif[/img] ): DoD| (Declaration of Doom) - DoD|Dextrous

Only been playing Cs:S for a week now, so I'm a bit too n00bish to join a clan. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Same with Farcry and Doom III.

I love being in clans, the communities are just so warming. [img]smile.gif[/img] I only join friendly clans who don't insult people or use foul language. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

I've never been in a clan for RPGs... what's that like?
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

In one word? Satisfying. I remember in EQ my character died in some Godforsaken hell hole (more so then the rest of the game), in which high level monsters roamed and would slaughter me. I mentioned this to my guild, and two members immediately came and helped me look for my corpse. We didn't find it, so what did they do? Leave me there? NO! They gave me decent loot (they were lvl 50ish, and I was lvl 10) and teleported me back to Qeynos.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:59 AM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

In WoW my guild is Blackbeards Wake, for the most part we all know each other from another game, we do have some new guys who we are doing our utmost to integrate. We are all on a first name basis in the guild,I'll go to war with them anytime! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
Gxc
Elminster

I'm in a counterstrike clan now.. [woof] but i'm quiting it and ive found another clan that im currently joining. I have no clue why i want to be in a clan but they just give you pointers and etc.. I have nothing else to say. But my friends and I have a clan on diablo.. and other games that i play I dont have a clan for anymore.. But for some reason clans are just fun.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #6
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, i've been asked into several CSS clans, but i want a friendly clan, who are also GOOD. I don't wanna be in a clan of people who are as good as me, but are total gits, but i wanna be in a clan that WINS aswell.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I'm waiting for Guild Wars to finally get finished, this april I think. I did manage to playa the free Beta weekend in december and it was a total rush. I like the fact that you won't have to pay a monthly fee It's totally free on line. You will just have to by the game and later when the expansions come out You can buy the ones you want if you want to explore new areas. The main map that you start with is massive and will more than likely take the good part of a year to explore if not longer. This is the MMO I have been waiting years for. Ever since 2002 when I first heard of it.

[ 01-23-2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

In WoW I'm in The Echelon. It's a great multi game guild!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #9
Elif Godson
Dracolich

In Quake I was in Morbid Clan and PSS Clan as well as did a stint in Elite. Was a lot of fun, and I met a lot of cool people. In DAoC I am a GM in Wandering Souls (which is now dead due to a lot of people quitting the game ) and Im involved in a few others throughout the game and on several servers. Didnt like EQ I or II much and I havent tried WoW yet, probably wont though and FFXI I was in a couple link shells there. Being in a good Guild / clan can make or break a game like this for people, that is the main reason I got so hooked on Dark Age, was because of my first Guild which I am now a GM of. Lot's of friendly people with lot's of information made the game a lot more interesting.