Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 07:16 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

They are arresting a man in camaflauge at the Pentagon right now, searching his black van, also there is some package or case in the road that they are staying clear of, bringing out the bomb sniffing dogs. Don't know what is going on, could be yet another false alarm. Gets so now when I hear "Live Special Report" said on TV, my heart freezes.

Now reporters are saying they "exploded" that case that was in the road. Detonated by police. Not sure if that means if it was a bomb or not???

Anyone else heard anything their news about this?

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 07:28 PM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I just heard the story you were talking about. The bomb squad blew it up. They discovered there wasn't a bomb. Looks ok right now.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-15-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
The bomb squad blew it up. They discovered there wasn't a bomb.
Now he has to do all that paperwork all over again!

Well at least they are on top of suspicious characters.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-15-2001, 07:35 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

everyone is little jumpy these days, relax, there wil be no more attack for at least half a year

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 07:39 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
I just heard the story you were talking about. The bomb squad blew it up. They discovered there wasn't a bomb. Looks ok right now.

Thanks Tobbin. Whew! Glad it wasn't a bomb. Man I hope it wasn't some poor schmuck that just had his paperwork anhiliated LOL. Well, just goes to show how on edge we are right now, understandably so.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 07:45 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
everyone is little jumpy these days, relax, there wil be no more attack for at least half a year

I dissagree. Yes, people are jumpy. Sometimes rightfully so, sometimes not. Personnaly, I think that we will see more "attacks" as soon as the US retiliates. Of course, those attacks might not only be centered on US soil. They will be all over the western world.

The bottom line is: people are jumpy because they are scared. That fear will not go away for a long, long time because people in North America (US and Canada) have been living in this little bubble of invunerability and security. Personnaly, I'm not scared. I've been telling myself for the last 5-6 years or so that I'd better accept the idea of living in a world filled with terrorism. Therefore, I wasn't "suprised" at the acts (in fact, not many people should have been) that we just witnessed. I was more suprised that terrorist managed to hijack 4 planes at the same time than them crashing in the WTC.

I think that this was only the begginning and that the rest will hit us. Maybe tomorow, maybe 2 months from now. Future terrorism acts might not be as big or has damaging but they sure will be present and will become a way of life for us.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-15-2001, 07:47 PM   #7
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Now he has to do all that paperwork all over again!

Well at least they are on top of suspicious characters.

Yep, wouldn't that suck

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-15-2001, 07:50 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
I dissagree. Yes, people are jumpy. Sometimes rightfully so, sometimes not. Personnaly, I think that we will see more "attacks" as soon as the US retiliates. Of course, those attacks might not only be centered on US soil. They will be all over the western world.

The bottom line is: people are jumpy because they are scared. That fear will not go away for a long, long time because people in North America (US and Canada) have been living in this little bubble of invunerability and security. Personnaly, I'm not scared. I've been telling myself for the last 5-6 years or so that I'd better accept the idea of living in a world filled with terrorism. Therefore, I wasn't "suprised" at the acts (in fact, not many people should have been) that we just witnessed. I was more suprised that terrorist managed to hijack 4 planes at the same time than them crashing in the WTC.

I think that this was only the begginning and that the rest will hit us. Maybe tomorow, maybe 2 months from now. Future terrorism acts might not be as big or has damaging but they sure will be present and will become a way of life for us.

I disagree

this is not an attack, it is a set up

so there will be no more attacks

Old 09-15-2001, 07:54 PM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

I disagree

this is not an attack, it is a set up

so there will be no more attacks

Hmmm. Well, I hate to agree here, but considering how widespread and fanatical these terrorists are, I wouldn't be surprised if another attack happens (either BEFORE or AFTER) a retaliation

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-15-2001, 07:55 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Hmmm. Well, I hate to agree here, but considering how widespread and fanatical these terrorists are, I wouldn't be surprised if another attack happens (either BEFORE or AFTER) a retaliation

after retaliation, probally. we just have to catch the little punks before they do any dmg