Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 11:24 PM   #11
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

He secret weapon is...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>>>
There are two weapons that will kill those big fat adamantite heads while your 30 yards away...
Two of the best missle weapons in the game. a short bow and a sling that reqire no ammo and strike as +3 or better. I plinked away for about 20 minute on one with the short bow while it was stuck in a door way. I took zero damage and got the 25000 or so EXP. I didnt get the sling til later and I found some more at took it out in 1/3 the time because I had the awesome rod that melts through em as well. My cleric with regenerate and holy power did the job backed up by a druid and a theif pelting away from far away.I forgot where I found them and I conviently lost the strategy guide so I dont know where these items are at.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:06 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Most adamantite and iron golems you face will usually be in an area where you can use the terrain to your advantage. If you get into a slugfest on open ground chances are high that someone will die just from the amount of damage it does per hit. Just do lots of scouting beforehand so you don't blindly run into them. Cloudkill does wonders to weaken them, then use things like stairways, etc which are narrow and the big golems can't get through. Then use missile weapons or summon Morden's sword and just hammer away at them.

Oh make sure you're hasted as they run VERY fast.
Old 12-01-2000, 08:21 AM   #13
akbar

Had a reasonably easy time killing the first Adamantite Golem I encountered once I discovered he was vulnerable to "gas attacks". Put Boots of Speed on my wacky mage Aerie, moved everybody else back a ways, and had her use Wand with Cloudkill, run away, Cloudkill, run away, ... you get the picture. Also threw in a Magic Missile and finally a Hold Monster. Got the Golem weakened pretty fast and then sent in the wrecking crew to finish him off.

Old 12-01-2000, 08:26 AM   #14
Armisael

I have a deep, deep hatred for Golem Slow. No, 'deep, deep hatred' doesn't even begin to express the loathing I feel for that bloody spell. Since when does a golem have the ability to slow everyone and haste themselves?

Old 12-01-2000, 08:34 AM   #15
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... i wonder how come i never had any problems with that...maybe because i use lower resistance and abi dahzmwhatever spell against them...oh i also shaped changed and became an iron golem... so 2 hulking giants killing each other...but i also had summoned monsters to aid me as well as my men ... gl
Old 12-06-2000, 04:23 AM   #16
lombardi

Can't believe no-one else got this one. Take anyone with a long weapon, staff/polearm/2-hd sword, +3 or better. Stand exactly at the limit of your striking range and the golem can't hit back. Period. Watch out for the Iron Golem's poison cloud. I used Jaheira instead of Minsc for the chore(better poison saves). Question: with 19 strength and a +4 staff I was only able to hit the Adamantite Golem for 2 points a whack. As a result I had to hit him 40 or 50 times. What's up?

Old 12-06-2000, 05:26 AM   #17
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I just changed into Mind Flayer form and brought down the Golem in one hit!
Old 12-06-2000, 05:59 AM   #18
Satyre

I just tick 'em to death with my good ole blade of roses, whilst being well armoured and having stoneskin and mirror image. It ain't creative, but it gives me a chance to drink my coffee while the battle's going on.

Satyre

Old 12-06-2000, 10:43 AM   #19
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Everybody, thanks for all the help. I ended up using a combo of lower resistance spells ,a magic missile barrage, and chipping away with +3 weapons. I got its magic resistance was lowered enough that most of the magic missiles got through. I would have used the vorpal but the blade (along with a few other things) disappeared in the Underdark. I've seen a few others had this problem also. Now if I can just beat Irenicus in Hell. Thats really pissing me off!
Old 12-06-2000, 02:12 PM   #20
Kaël

About the swords
Iknow it's not really a Long sword but still
Celetriac Fury is THE BEST sword weapon there is (and best overall excpt Crom Faeyr)
anyways a good long sword aswell is The dragonslayer use on a dragon
Got my dual wielding not prof. on long sword Paladin 50 dam.
If you are spec. on that weapon you could get like 52 dam
agains dragons that is but still