Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2002, 07:23 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, I've reinstalled NWN, and for some reason it is going very very slow. I've repatched, but I need to get back to the screen where i can set options using the sliders........

Did that make sense?
Old 12-18-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'm not exactly sure what your asking.

The "esc" button and then options from within the game?

Or the configure button on the initial menu and then the "change" button to bring up the video quality slider?
Old 12-19-2002, 06:31 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

There is a menu that you acess when you first set the game up, and you have several sliders that you can match to your PC Spec. I need to lower that, although my pc is better than what it said was their top spec.

Do I need to uninstall?

Also, is the patch kept anywhere as a file on my computer, so if I uninstall I dnt have to redownload the patch?
Old 12-19-2002, 08:30 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Once you get to the initial game menu, choose Configure. I believe that's the slider you're talking about for game performance.

Based on the fact you weren't having this problem before though it may be a re-install needed deal.

I'm not sure about the patch, but I'm guessing unless you did a "manual" patch you'll have to use the update button again as before.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:13 PM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok thanx, I'll get my bro to do it in the morrow. It's 2.30am, and I really cba doing it now.

Thanx!
Old 12-21-2002, 11:20 PM   #6
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

I've gone round and round with these types of problems with many games in the past. Since your computer seems to meet/exceed the requirements for this game this could be more of a video card related problem. Try downloading the most recent drivers for your video card and/or contacting the Neverwinter Nights folks with your problem. You can also try removing and then reinstalling your video card driver from the device manager in the control panel of Windows. You may not like this last option, but I have had to reformat my hard drive in order to get a game to work properly (at all). Before doing that, however, I would suggest pressing CTLR-ALT-DEL from your desktop and closing all programs except Explorer and Systray as these are the only programs that Windows needs.