Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-30-2005, 01:29 PM   #1
Vampire

Smiley

A few questions pieced together:

1/ Can you play it at universities? How do I find out about firewalls..etc?

2/ Gameplay: can everyone use a magic wand?

3/ Gameplay: can thieves steal PC or NPC items?

4/ Not out in UK until early march, how comes some british people are playing it?

5/ what is the monthly cost?

Old 01-31-2005, 12:05 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Cost about 15$ per month. It would depend on the university I guess. I think only casters can use magic wands. Rogues can only pickpocket humanoids monsters. People in the uk bought the american version on the net.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:52 AM   #3
Vampire

Also,

when you die, what does loosing item durability mean?

If a wand has no charge, can other classes use wands??
Old 01-31-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
Niadh
Elminster

Wand's don't have charge, they use mana from casters. Only warlocks, priests and mages can use wands.

Items have a durability, say 45. As it take damage the durability will slowly drop, dying drops more. When an item reaches 0 durability it effectively is not there, so will offer no protection, not boost stats and not work as a weapon. It can be repaired at many places, such as weapon or armour crafting npcs.

UK cost per month is £8.99 iirc. And to play it at uni you would need to have install rights and it works off a P2P connection for patching which many unis will not allow to be used on their networks.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Vampire

So no chance of playing it at universities then? poooo
Old 01-31-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
Lucern
Quintesson

I wouldn't say that Avatar, in terms of the universities. Mine worked fine with other P2P applications, and as long as you have your own computer you generally bypass install rights, if we're talking about the same thing here.

So I won't guarantee you that the university will allow it, but we can't say that it won't either. It's not a bad question to ask other students if you visit one as a prospective student - but I wouldn't factor it in too heavily lol. WoW and universities have something in common - they demand a lot of your time [img]smile.gif[/img]

And durability isn't a big deal for most characters. My brother's level 45 warrior, however, cries out in anguish when he has to pay for repairs on platemail lol.

[ 01-31-2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Lucern ]
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Durability costs are a blessing compared to debt, though. I gladly remind myself of it everytime an item turns yellow/red and I feel like complaining.

Priests can use wands too btw, serves em well as an off-hand.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:27 AM   #8
Niadh
Elminster

The off hand things aren't wands, they are off hand items. Wands are the shooty ones.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Orbs are off hands, and everyone can use them, if they are using nothing in the off hand.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No I meant off-hand as in when not casting spells, a priest can shoot a wand like a mage can. You can use a very many items in the official 'off-hand' as it stands in WoW, not to mention dual wielding.