Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Replying to another thread made me wonder how much time each of you, on average, spend playing a game daily?

I can remember times when I would play a game for 10 hours straight, staying up all night and regretting it later! These days, if I get to play at all, it is usually for only about an hour, maybe two and not every day. Lately, I have been averaging about 15 minutes of Snood or Bejeweled a day and no more (what an awful gaming schedule!!!).

So what is your gaming schedule like?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 05:03 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Not enough I fear lol. I´ve got too many games lying beside my computer. It´s actually lowering my desire to play since I know that it would take too much time to play them all through. I got stuck replicating Toronto so now I play 1-1˝ hours of SC3000 every day. Dang, it still doesn´t have the closest resemblance yet. When I got Arx I played 5 hours straight, well almost.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

For me, gaming time occurs late at night after the children have gone to bed and my beloved has left me for slumber. I typically get about three hours a night to do what I need, which includes gaming. When I first get something (like DD), I've been known to suddenly realize that it's now two in the morning -- no, make that three -- whoops, where'd that sun come from?

Nowadays, I get about one to two hours of gaming per night. Less if I need to do a Missy update, which will be coming shortly -- those take about an hour to an hour and a half.

Nowhere near as much as I used to game when I was young and single (and probably part of the reason I was single [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 05:21 PM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

How much Game Time????

I just...squeeze it in....where ever I can.

Normal week
Mon ~ Thurs*..... 2.5 ~ 6 hrs.
Fridays*......... 4.5 ~ 8 + hrs.
Saturdays....... 6 ~ 17 + hrs.
Sundays......... 6 ~ 14 hrs.
..* includes .5 ~ 1.5 early AM

.... ....20.5 ~ 63 + hrs a week....

I quess it's more like....
I just...squeeze it in...Ever Where...I can....
Old 12-05-2002, 05:12 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

It varies. Usually I play a game if I feel that I must stop my current work and do something else. Sometimes, I play the game until I begin to make unconceivable blunders and until I must go to bed If we take an average then, say, a hour per day at least.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:35 AM   #6
Olli Kalma

Quote:
Originally posted by Packrat:
How much Game Time????
....20.5 ~ 63 + hrs a week....
Oh no Packrat! What else do you do ?

I play 2-3 hrs a day, not at friday and saturday...

My school takes me so lot time and what's left after that belongs to me and my girlfriend...

I'd say about 10-15 hrs per week, but if I have some extra time, I can play
over 6 hrs straight! It's usually 02.00 at night, when I stop playing or doing my homeworks and get up next morning at 07.00...

I manage well only 4-5 hrs sleep, thanks to Finnish military, I get used to only 2-3 hrs sleep doing hard week at training in some lonely forest ( plenty in Finland ) attacking and proceeding guerilla missions. Some times missions could last week or two and we didn't get sleep or food every day...

Like my sign say, what does not kill you, makes you stronger.

I like extreme and if I wouldn't study, I might play whole day without stopping session... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2002, 08:18 AM   #7
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

I used to play Counter-Strike and Age of Empires till the wee hours of the mourning. now i dont stay up late that often, even on weekends.. i still play moderately and end up getting bored when its getting late/early
Old 12-05-2002, 08:27 AM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I cant play in small amounts, I tend to get addicted & find I play 4 to 5 hours late at night. For the last month I've had to stop playing at all & catch up with my studies to beat a deadline.
I rarely play a game during the day because if I did nothing would get done around here. As you know Wyvern rural properties need a lot of attention.
It's sad that a person doesn't have enough self control to hit that quit button when they know that they should. But I dont care, I need my fix! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2002, 10:06 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Yep - we're all addicts!!

I am a lot better about walking away from a game (or not even starting it up) than I was in the '80s & '90s. Back then I used to write walkthrus (some are still floating around on the web though most are so old, no one cares) and was running a gaming forum on Portal so I could tell myself it was part of my "job". LOL! (best I ever got for all that work was free access to Portal and the hope that my walkthrus saved some players a lot of grief). I just don't have the time these days - sigh. But there is still hope that I will stumble into a game which will glue me to my computer and threaten to ruin my life and relationships - just as they were meant to do! hehehehe

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 08:04 AM   #10
All High Monkey0
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i think i have a preoblem, most of my time is spent on the net playing games there, my connection sucks so they're usually text based online ones like utopia. Still i get my usual 4 hours of good gaming in if i have something to play, sometimes miss dinner gaming, actually thats pretty often. but add up all my net and games time and you get aproximately 12 hours every damn day.
Weekends mean nothing to me now, in between school and uni and loving it, i never wake up till the clocks gone into single figures again, and can't remember the time i went to sleep before midnight. The sunrise really is a beautiful thing but a bitch to sleep with.
I think i should get a lufe.....