Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-03-2000, 11:57 PM   #1
marc

I have been given the scabben quest. I have found him and talked to him but the wizard guild keeps saying they want news of him. I also tried killing scabben after talking to him but that did not work. And yes I talked to him with my wizard who had been given the quest... any ideas? or is this yet another bug?

Old 10-04-2000, 03:18 AM   #2
Warlord

Try to talk to the magic shopkeeper with each character.

Old 10-04-2000, 04:28 PM   #3
marc

I tried talking with everyone in my party but it didn't work. Could it be because I talked to scabben before I got the quest?? ( I also talked with him after) Is this quest important?? Or can you continue the game without it?

Old 10-04-2000, 07:36 PM   #4
Marko

This happened to me also. Yes, I talked to Scabban with the correct wizard character, and yes, or course I selected that same wizard before entering the Mage Guild. The bug seems to be that if you talk to Scabban *before* you are given the quest, you are screwed.

Old 10-07-2000, 12:28 AM   #5
icurrie

Well, this just happened to me. This sucks - basically my game is hosed at this point since I'll never be able to advance my Wizards in the guild. And, of course, with only 6 save slots, there's no way I'd have an old enough save to go back and replay the entire crypt - not that I'd be willing to do all that even if I did.

David - if you DO read these messages, please fix this bug and issue a patch soon. It's the only way I can continue playing.

Old 10-07-2000, 11:42 AM   #6
BlackFiend

I've read a lot of messages like this. But I just did the quest last night.

I talked to Scabban BEFORE being given the quest. But on entering the Wizard's Guild I was given the quest anyway. I tried various things to trigger the completion and then just decided to go back to talke with Scabban again.

I selected the Wiz in my group, initiated Dialogue, then chose the keyword "apprentices". I went back to the Wizard Guild and was then given credit for the quest.

I don't know if that's a bug within the bug, but it did work.

Old 10-08-2000, 12:32 AM   #7
BlackFiend

Yep. I tried it with another Wizard and it did not work.

How can they not notice a bug like that? It's just glaring.

Sigh.

Old 10-08-2000, 09:56 AM   #8
icurrie

Well, unfortunately, this cure doesn't work for me. I just tried it - made sure to talk to Scabben with both my wizards and then made sure wizard(s) were selected when entering the guild.

Sigh...