Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2000, 12:25 AM   #1
T-Rex

Xydusa is seriously hacking me off. Everytime I fight her, she ends up turning half of my party into stone. Is there a way to counter this? Is there some sort of potion, magic spell, or scroll that can be used to stop the effects? After beating her once, I had like three members left of my party and went on to find everything else, including Elyssia, but my magic users were all "stoned", so I couldn't do much to kill her. Please help me out on this one. Thanx.

Old 10-08-2000, 01:16 PM   #2
Philip

I attacked Xydusa from a distance at first to get her to move from in front of the doorway, then I ran past here and out into the maze (don't forget that switch in the middle of that round thing). Then, after exploring the maze a bit, I ran into her at an intersection, blocking my progress. She didn't chase me from that spot, so I was able to pepper her with spells, and then back off before she hurt me too bad. One of my priests still got stoned. Then for Elyssia, I attacked from a distance then ran like hell and tried to pick off the priests in small groups, before tackling E herself. I still had two party members die (including the stoned priest), but I resurrected them with an amulet I had found somewhere else (Amulet of Life I think). The priest came back unstoned, which was a nice plus.

Old 10-08-2000, 09:53 PM   #3
mrdata

I destroyed Xydusa without weapons or attack magic! How? Well ALL my parties weapons were destroyed while battling this
monster so I have no idea when I was battling bare handed! {imagine my suprise finding this out AFTER I saved my game no more weapons for the rest of the area!}

Previous to attacking my Pixie cast Armored Realm. My Priest cast Bless, Haste, Herioc Might. My Warrior used Blood Lust on everyone. I insured everyone was ready to battle. The last is important as I wanted no one to cast magic or use potions. Both are way to slow. Run to the left around gong as her back is to you and start clicking away. I was never stoned, and poisoned for only two of my people. Without casting anything she never got a letup to really do any real damage. if you do get damaged run back around to the other side of the gong. You will be able to heal up and go right back at it.
Best Regards
mrdata