Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 07:07 AM   #1
Skunk
Banned User

And the award for the best weapon of the whole game goes to:

**************** Carsomyr +5 !!!!!!

Why?
1. You get it gloriously early in the game (how long does it take the get the Equaliser again?)
2. Dispel magic spell three times a day. Cool!
3. Dispel magic on target with every successful hit. Oops! Did I just remove your haste and strength spells? Sooooorrrrry!
4. 50% Magic resistence (Don't you go casting that green Sh!t at me man!)
5. +5 THAC0 (what, another successful strike? Bad boy! go back to point 3!)
6. +5 Damage to chaotic evil opponents (being evil cramps your HP man!)

And the award for the best weapon to NPC match goes to:
Minsc and the his Lilacor sword (talking sword)

Thank you both for giving me hours of smiles for those great one-liners! This has to be the best duo ever - I kept them together for a long time just for the entertainment value...

Old 09-10-2001, 07:57 AM   #2
Gedd
The Magister

i know its actually a spell but i think that melfs meteors are the best ranged weapons in tha game.
i got a thief/mage (so high dex) and combining this spell with improved haste gives 10 attacks/round! (i've not checked this explicitly, but it certainly says he has 10 attacks).
On average the meteors do about about 10 points of damage in total, so if all 10 hit (which the often do) you deal 100 damage in 1 round.

plus they're +5 weapons!
my character has 33% kills in the party due to this spell

------------------
none shall pass...
Old 09-10-2001, 08:05 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

The Best NPC category

And now Drizzt will claim the winner..

-Hello everybody, you're welcome..
And the winner is..

ANOMEN!!!!

-Thank you mtv oops thank you bg2 thank you ironworks thank you zoltan

Best weapożn is crom faeyr!!
Old 09-10-2001, 11:17 AM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well the hammer is good. But some one tell me what does it consider it self to be as in plus what. I have used on some baddies in TOB and you can not hit them with the hammer. Sure the strenght is great and the bonus to THAC0. but a potion can do that.
As for the best weapon ummmmm I would say maybe the silver sword works good for me.
And the best NPC Edwin.

[This message has been edited by Mack_Attack (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #5
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Well the hammer is good. But some one tell me what does it consider it self to be as in plus what. I have used on some baddies in TOB and you can not hit them with the hammer. Sure the strenght is great and the bonus to THAC0. but a potion can do that.
As for the best weapon ummmmm I would say maybe the silver sword works good for me.
And the best NPC Edwina.
SPOILER

please put a spoiler alert in you post Mack_attack
i think you know why

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-10-2001, 11:41 AM   #6
Vampire

Anomen 5*s on the Crom Faeyr.
Cleric who are restricted in weapons using a Very good weapon and having 5* on it.

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 04:45 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

the cutthroat+4 shortsword i would say is the best weapon. its a cool name, and a bad ass shortsword. my fighter/thief just slays with this thing when using his backstab ability. he is an 11th level assassin, dualed to a fighter at 12th level. i use the critical strike ability of the fighter, then poison my blade, then do a mean ass backstab (usually on mages) and poison them. so much for the mage casting any spells. heheheh

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-10-2001, 05:06 PM   #8
Ugaya
Manshoon

A Kensai armed with the Celestial Fury because of its stunning effect. Combine it with supporting Greater Malisons from your mages and fighting becomes slaughtering.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:29 AM   #9
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

My main hitman's Valygar, dual-wielding Celestial Fury and his Corthala 'bleeder' blade - esp in stealth/backstab mode I know some PC kits have reported higher hits, but for an NPC a critical quintuple for 132 damage isn't that bad...

Old 10-11-2001, 03:54 PM   #10
Kazil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just give sarevok a two handed sword +5 or something and you will do well
IN MY GAME THE MAX DAMAGE I SAW IN THE GAME WAS FROM SAREVOK 160 DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in one blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!