Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-23-2001, 08:18 AM   #31
Lord Shield

Please, Mnemoch, no profanities here. I agree with you on the matter, but he's after facts
Elminster is a powerful character. 25th level Fighter/Mage/Thief, 27(or 29th) level wizard, main character in books such as "Making of a Mage". Ed Greenwood created him. He cannot die unless his tower is destroyed. He is the chosen of Mystra (goddess of Magic) who gave him a CON of 25 (most of us just get underwear or something for our birthdays). He also has huge psionic range
Part of the Forgotten Realsm licence is Greenwood's insistence that Elminster must NOT die. I'll leave you to make your own conclusions about this. He also herds goats for a hobby and smokes a pipe.

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-23-2001, 08:42 AM   #32
Simon
The Magister

Cooool! Does Elminster appear in BG2 or any of the D&D games??
Old 05-23-2001, 08:51 AM   #33
Lord Shield

He appears a few times in BG1. In BG2 he appears when you've resolved Harper issue. I personally don't like him too much (for similar reasons to Mnemoch). I preferred Khelben Blackstaff in the Eye of the Beholder games - more down-to-earth

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp