Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #1
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

NRP stands for No reloads Party

Here's my party:

PC - Sorceress (lvl 16)
Jaheira - Cleric/Ranger (SK-ed)
Imoen - Fighter/Mage - (SK-ed)
Keldorn - Inquisitor (lvl 17)
Valygar - WizardSlayer/Thief (SK-ed - lvl 13/13)

I originaly had Anomen but he got "chunkified" when fighting certain Demon guys in the Underdark.

So I sort of roleplayed and powergamed and finished Beholders, Ilithids and everything else and now I am back to Athkatla.
I still have to finish Maevar, Unseeing Eye, Umar and Windspear Hills before I go say hello to Bodhi.

SO: Should I take another NPC (which one ?) with me or should I play with 5 ?

You can also change class of the NPC ...
I just like the party interaction but I feel that the original NPC's are probably not good enough for a NRP.
Note, that I didn't change stats.

[ 09-06-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Does seem like a good and capable party. If I was to add a sixth person, maybe Nalia as an archer? I think that party should be able to handle everything thrown at it, but Nalia-archer or Haer'Dalis could fit in too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Unless you`re goodie-to-shooes i suggets ToB NPC. But on the other hand your party is pretty tank-heavy so it is good as and you may consider taking Hear`Dalis. He is the best support character and in ToB his song becomes more powerful. And it stacks with Mislead singing it.
You gotta love Spell Reference.

[ 09-06-2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 03:50 PM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Does seem like a good and capable party. If I was to add a sixth person, maybe Nalia as an archer? I think that party should be able to handle everything thrown at it, but Nalia-archer or Haer'Dalis could fit in too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Most of the time I keep Keldorn out the melee range and he now uses Light Crossbow of Speed with Kou-Toa bolts. He likes that. Especially if he is Improve Hasted.

He just got for his birthday two presents - I bought him an Upgraded Firecam Armor and a Silver Sword.

Valygar is using Fire Tooth dagger and is also a ranged attacker and will use the Upgraded Water's Talon later for some mage, Dragon or something else poking.

He will also get a new armor hopefully soon.

I miss a little another cleric - Chaotic Commands is a must.
High level Holy Smite is also cool.

"hmmm ..."

[ 09-06-2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:52 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

In that case, a berserker/cleric is very powerful. With rage and chaotic commands, they are very difficult to affect mentally. Dual at level 13 and sprinkle with Crom Faeyr and FoA for best results. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
In that case, a berserker/cleric is very powerful. With rage and chaotic commands, they are very difficult to affect mentally. Dual at level 13 and sprinkle with Crom Faeyr and FoA for best results. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
While we`re on the subject that Dwarven F/C-Multi-Class of yours could fit the party well.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Ok, this party is a proven uber-party:

1. Paladin Inquistor
2. Kensai/Mage
3. Wizard-slayer/thief
4. Berserker/Cleric

Is this party good enough for a no-reloads? I do know that i've taken this party through SoA+ToB twice and that even on hard, it was a breeze. The only bottleneck is when your fighters dual-class. Everything else, this party is so powerful, I think it will be a wonderfull no-reloads. I'm game here!

P.S. wonderfull how I can convince myself to do certain things
Old 09-06-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Ok, this party is a proven uber-party:

1. Paladin Inquistor
2. Kensai/Mage
3. Wizard-slayer/thief
4. Berserker/Cleric

Is this party good enough for a no-reloads? I do know that i've taken this party through SoA+ToB twice and that even on hard, it was a breeze. The only bottleneck is when your fighters dual-class. Everything else, this party is so powerful, I think it will be a wonderfull no-reloads. I'm game here!

P.S. wonderfull how I can convince myself to do certain things
Hard? Take note that Leslie is playing on Insane and Tactics.

I personally prefer F/M over Kensai->Mage unless it is a late dual.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:40 PM   #9
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Does sound like a good party, though it may be better to use multiclasses than dual-classes, especially if you have ToB.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:46 PM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Does sound like a good party, though it may be better to use multiclasses than dual-classes, especially if you have ToB.
Yes. Multi-Class are better in almost every case.
F/M and C/R are really one of the best Multi-Class combo out there IMHO.