Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2000, 04:15 AM   #21
BaatoRyan

QUESTION. Are you really gonna choose between them?! What if I suddenly love Jaheira for her spellcasting stuff... and then they begin their duel asking me to choose between them?! Crap... my head hurts...

Even Paladins can sometimes be confused... human nature.

Old 11-01-2000, 04:25 AM   #22
Salty512

Well, it seems to me like I have no choice. Jaheira has barely spoken to me since Aerie showed up. Outside of their little cat fight, there's been little conversation from Jaheira. I wonder if she's unhappy with the party alignment? I don't know... Minsc loves it.

Everytime I turn around he's babbling about hamsters and rangers being everywhere... LOL... Minsc is NEVER leaving my party... =)

Old 11-01-2000, 04:27 AM   #23
Armisael

Yes, most paladins I've known (for however brief a period of time) have had a tendency towards confusion; at any rate, they won't scarper simply because you're not interested in them. Just let them off easily. They won't like it, but there's not much they can do about it. Words to live by.

Old 11-01-2000, 06:54 PM   #24
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh Salty... I agree, I'll dump my character before I ever dump Minsc. The "addled one" as Viconia calls him is just to good a fighter and too hilarious to get rid of. Where else can you hear "Evil beware, come jump on my sword, Minsc has righteous butt kicking goodness in store for you"!
And yeah, off the shelf BG2 is structured for one romance. If you dump one, or start going for another you lose the one you had. Some of us have d/l the romance overide patch, so we can have all 3 romances at the same time.
Old 11-02-2000, 12:46 AM   #25
Sir Rich

I've gotten two more romance discussions with Jaheria since I last posted on this thread.
I got nothing but silence for a while from Jahera after killing off that guy who framed her in the Harpers.
The first time she talked, she kept asking if I was the same guy she has always known, the next time she talked, she asked if I was hiding anything from her.

I found that the romance dialogue sequences seem to be time triggered. I put myself in the inventory screen and went for a while, an hour later, Jaheria was ready to talk. Could be a way to force the conversation out of her.

Old 11-02-2000, 01:12 AM   #26
Armisael

What, bore her into submission?