Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #21
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hi all! This year is ending quickly... only 6 days of actual learning left! Can't wait to get this year over with... gone on too long!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh c'mon Attalus, you mean you don't find tagging prices on items fun and sitting about in the hot sun all day amongst the stuff? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Congrats on somehow getting out of it, what might I ask did you say to "negotiate" out of it?

Sir Goulum - Wow you are really getting close now, this time next week you will be so happy I reckon.

Well I'm off to play some more Sacred. Having trouble getting to where I want to get, such a big map LOL. Hopefully I can figure it out, probably have to go the long way LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #23
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Heh... you just wait for it... Sir Goulum will overwhelm Ironworks.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #24
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Sir Goulum cannot overwhelm the Ironworks. The Ironworks shall smite Sir Goulum, and smite him righteously!

Man o man...I'm beggining to wish I was a kid again, so that I might avoid working in all that limestone dust all day long...today, I shoveled the junk off of a fan housing for about three hours.

Tired, but I'll make it...we only work a 4 day week!

Last time I was in here, LZ, you were complaining that Vigirnia was too cold for you. Still the case? lol

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

No not still the case anymore Ilander LOL, in the low 90's with high humidity now, yee haww! Cept not LOL... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ack re the limestone dust, can you get one of those masks that look like surgical masks? Just to keep the dust out of your nose and mouth? Probably not good to breath that stuff in I'd think.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #26
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

haha...I swear the company's owner is one of the cheapest men alive...won't buy the men a water-cooler, gloves, or rudimentary tools that they might share. The employees, however, ARE mostly...erm...well, it's understandable that he doesn't buy the tools.

I really need to get a mask like you suggest, but it's soooooo hot on the job, and they cut the metal with torches, too...heck, rather than wear a protective jacket, I've just been accepting the burns!

Oh, and it's the driest place EVER...makes for quite a change when I come home in the evening to the good-ole Ohio River Valley, where the dampness is everywhere.

It's definitely toughening me.

One of these days, I'm gonna visit Virginia again...it seemed like a very pretty place the two times I drove through it.

But not in the summer!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #27
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
On the down side, a light that I installed a couple of months ago has misbehaved. It's a fluorescent light, and the lights weren't coming on. I thought it was the bulbs, but replacement bulbs haven't done anything to help Now I get to take it down again to see if there's something wrong with it... or call my buddy the electrician to figure it out.
Hmmm if its not the globe try the starter. They can go and cause them to not come on. It should look something like this.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #28
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, T-D-C. I did some research, and apparently, most home fluorescent lights nowadays are self-starting, so they don't have a starter. Unfortunately, that leaves me with the ballast as the likely culprit, since it glows for a bit as it tries to start, and then fails. I don't know that it's going to be easy or cost-effective to replace the ballast...

I may be heading back to the store where I got it, if I can find the receipt. Otherwise... well, I hope there's no otherwise.

And Ilander, I'd put some kind of mask on. If it's like places I've worked, by the end of the day you can blow your nose and generate a huge wad of nasty-colored snot. While that's a wee bit gross, it's much worse to consider that *that* was only what was prevented from getting into your lungs... [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:54 AM   #29
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Thank God it's Friday!

Oh wait... no it isn't... I just get a long weekend cos I have no more exams!!

Kinda sucked that I finished with geo though. I completely bummed that one [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Howdy folks! Bungleau, good news about the dog! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ivelllis- thanks, we're still very hopeful about this job! In fact, they may let my husband know today or tomorrow and it's looking good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LZ, same here- gonna be near 90 and super high humidity with thundershowers. blech!

*gets out her binoculars to keep an eye on Sir G- then tosses them away and puts out free cookies* Hehe... won't have to watch him now, he'll be here all day!