Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

I'm just wondering about what level a four person paty should be about at the beginning of the cloakwood mines. It's been a long time since i played BG in its entirety and i have absoluty no idea. any help would be welcome.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
wanderon
Dungeon Master

Its really a matter of how you like to play its possible to run through the game following the main plot only and get to Cloakwood as early as level 3-4 or to clear every other map first and get there at level 6-7.

Pesonally I find Cloakwood and its opening of BG City to be a major turning point in the game and for the most part I prefer to leave it until I have taken care of everything else thats open to me with the exception of any ToTSC stuff. So I clear all the maps south of Candlekeep from the coast to the eastern border except Durlags and perhaps the basalisk map which I sometimes save for a big exp boost later especially if I am dual classing someone.

Then once I hit cloakwood I am back on my main quest mission and blow through it and on to BG City without further ado... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
Berg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah I agree with wanderon. My Pc is at level 7 now and his 5 mates are there or there abouts. They've just done the mines (and coovered the rest of the map) and are now exploring the city. Durlag's can wait for now I think.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:11 AM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Probably level 5 at the low end. Usually to get to that point, most of the lower areas are cleared, the Nashkel and Beregost quests, etc. With a 4-man crew, 6-7 is probably about right. When I soloed a F/T, I hadn't hit the cap by the time I got to Cloakwood, so you should be fine.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote