Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-22-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
Gil-Galad
The Magister

I've got the tears, bonds, a symbol of Illmater that I got after a battle in one of the towers and the tome. Nothing happens when I place it on the foot of the Illmater statue.
I've tried to put them there in different order, with and witout the tome. I can't place the tome in a quick slot or do anything else with it. Did I miss anything? Do I need a specific holy symbol??
Btw all this is done by my cleric...

[ 08-22-2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Gil-Galad ]
Old 08-22-2003, 11:38 AM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I think you need to put them in a sertain order. Go back to that cleric guy that told you about the quest and ask him again.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:34 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Are you sure you have the symbol of Ilmater? The only place to get one is Madae's bedroom. There are other holy symbols, but those are for the evil god.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah the name of the Evil God is Xvim or something like that. But dont throw out that holy symbol if you have it.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
Gil-Galad
The Magister

It is a holy symbol of Illmater. Before I got the quest, I put the symbol on the pedestal on its own to see if anything would happen because the dialogue says you can put items there. I don't hope (or think) that triggered anything.
Where exactly is Madae's bedroom?? I'm not sure I've been there, but then again, it IS a holy symbol og Illmater and I got it somewhere in the Severed Hand.......
Is there supposed to be a container you can put it in by the statue, or do you just leave it on the pedestal?

I'm stuck and confused, man. Please help.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:13 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Madae's bedroom is in the main tower, guarded by a couple of death knights (so is her brother's room). Far as I know, that's the only place to obtain the holy symbol of Ilmater.

Just out of curiosity, have you been quested to do the ritual and get the stuff to cleanse the pool? Nothing may happen if you're doing this with advance knowledge instead of learning it in the game.

It's been a long time now, but as I vaguely recall, when you have all the items and click on the statue, the thing is supposed to begin automatically. Have you tried that instead of placing items?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:09 AM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gil-Galad:
I've got the tears, bonds, a symbol of Illmater that I got after a battle in one of the towers and the tome. Nothing happens when I place it on the foot of the Illmater statue.
I've tried to put them there in different order, with and witout the tome. I can't place the tome in a quick slot or do anything else with it. Did I miss anything? Do I need a specific holy symbol??
Btw all this is done by my cleric...
1. You need all of the required items.

2. The ritual can be done by anyone. It doesn't have to be a cleric, although from a RP perspective a good cleric or a paladin makes perfect sense.

3. Stand on the proper pedestal and TALK to the Ilmater statue. This will trigger the events.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:41 PM   #8
1st Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When you place you cursor over each statue, it will give you a 'talk to' symbol and a little blurb about each if you do talk. When you put it over the same symbol for Illmater and talk to it, it starts the ritual for you. As far as I know, when I did it, I didn't have to put the items in or on anything.
And a hint- BE READY for what happens next....took me 6 times!
Old 09-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #9
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Do you have the TOME OF ILMATER as well as the HOLY SYMBOL OF ILMATER? You have to have both.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Reeka is offline   Reply With Quote