Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #21
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

If you wanted to do instances, you could have done quests for Thrall that go into Ragefire Chasm right in Oggrimar. But RFC is pretty useless, so hopefully you will enjoy Wailing Caverns. Make sure to get the quest Leaders of the Fang so you can get the Crescent Staff, which will probably be the first blue item you will get. Do not skip this quest.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Actually as a hunter you'll want to choose the other quest reward, the Wing Blade.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #23
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Hello!

Today I decided to make an orc warrior...
It was more fun then my tauren hunter but I got some problems choosing my professions..
My tauren hunter has herbalism and alchemy which is fun, I like the idea of making good potions which help me in combat later.

I will not choose a profession just for money, it should help my character also.. not just give alot of money.
So therefore I think I will choose blacksmithing and mining.
And potions to my warrior I can send by mail from my tauren.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:42 AM   #24
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Warriors are very popular, join the club! I have a lvl 56 Undead Warrior, who is struggling to lvl atm and running BRD numerous times -- apart from the fact people give up when they die -- to lvl up. Warriors and priests, can't go wrong, both are good at pvp and pve.

Hunters, however, own AV because silly ally turtle the bridge. Great HK's [img]smile.gif[/img]

ok heres a list of talents you can choose from:

Arms -- Pvp mostly, but good in defensive too because of deep wounds

Fury -- The best leveling tree for warriors, you can kill an NPC 5 times before it hits the ground.

Defence -- Last, and definatly not least. At higher lvl instances, and pvp, these warriors are hard to beat with disarm skill and the ability to regain health at will ( also with fury too). Just watch out for mages in this class, they are a warriors nightmare.

Edit: Proffesions.. Hmm... My warrior is enchant, helps alot, but you gotta sacrifice items that will give money to have it. Blacksmith isn't too flash i find because you lvl faster than you can lvl Bsmithing. If your interested in buying items, go mining and leatherworking. You will be richer than Bill Gates himself [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-30-2006, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: burnzey boi ]

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:49 AM   #25
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I also have a warrior (52 atm) and they are fun. Planning to go full protection and take him to ZG raids (while MC is with my main, hunter).

I have taken Blacksmithing because of Thorium Brotherhood. I can get unlimited Dark Iron by farming BRD with my hunter, so rep is no problem, as isn't making items, our guild bank is full of cores and all sorts. It IS an expensive profession, only with my money on my main can I powerlevel it.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

i only started playing about 3 weeks ago as a night elf hunter and i love him. i plan to make him as a solo class and then roll another character that will join a guild and go rading as hunter are often told to put there pets away and are way to good at pulling aggro when the main tank isnt that great.
specialize in Marksmanship and hit 2k damage with aimed shot

Hunter is a good class to learn with as it teaches you the game mechanics and you learn how to manouver in combat, then when you've learned that its one massive killing machine for its level.

but hey im only level 20

Mhordacai on the Khaz Goroth server

[ 05-30-2006, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
Old 05-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #27
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Pets are needed in raids. Pet pulls are one.

I'm Class Leader for Hunters in my raidgroup, and I'm allowed to give the call to use pets on bosses. When DPS is important (The Sons at Ragnaros, Majordomo) I tell them to get their pets out. 50dps is a lot per PET. Count 6 hunters, that's 300dps more, which is a NICE amount.

Do not solo all the way through the game. I did this with my hunter, and although I levelled quickly, I failed to see the team play of the game and therefore sucked at instances. Luckily I learnt the error of my ways and now I'm having a whale of a time raiding
Old 05-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yes, by all means take it slow your first time through, read everything, learn the world, be amazed (it won't happen again) and

Puuuu-Leaze do group gaming so you know how to play at 60. At 60, just about everything worth doing requires a group. And, with tighter restrictions (such as decreasing the limit for some of the basic level 60 dungeons from 10-man to 5-man) it takes people who are actually decent at grouping.

A hunter who makes 60 without learning how to pull 2 mobs and feign at the right spot to split the two (allowing one to continue and attack the group and the other to "reset") is a sad thing indeed.