Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

I was running around with Nevins ( that is his character's name, I don't know his log in) and when we were on lvl 2 his screen went black and he froze in one spot. He was able to rest and it confirmed his save but when he restarted it put him back to lvl 7 and he lost all the items ( some of which I gave him earlier in the day). He has said that this has happened to him before and he has lost his build twice. He also said he is using a mac. I recommended that he puts a posting here to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I don't see it yet. If any one has an answer and or if you see him one the server please give him some help!!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It sounds like he crashed prior to resting. The computer used will not matter to the scripts, so long as it will run the game. If nothing else, when you log out, it saves your char to the data base. I'm not sure what happened, but I have seen the blackscreen crash a couple of times. Once, my ISP lost it during an area transition.

Edit: He tried to rest while he was blackscreened? At that point, it's too late, I think.

[ 01-25-2007, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
nwnrogue
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This seems to be a persistent problem just with this one character - no matter how many times Nevis rests, she doesn't get saved properly and logging in again always reverts her to 7th level.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by nwnrogue:
This seems to be a persistent problem just with this one character - no matter how many times Nevis rests, she doesn't get saved properly and logging in again always reverts her to 7th level.
I think I have only seen you online on this server with the Nevis character. If it is only that one character, try recreating her first? I can set you up with equipment again easily enough, but I would like to find out if there is an error with the one character itself, your login, or if there is something not working out correctly between your computer and the server. I myself was always wondering why the Nevis character never seemed to be leveling up, despite all the quests you were associated with.

I should be pretty easy to find, if you need to speak with me online.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It does sound like a corrupted char file, perhaps due to resting while you were crashing. I can't say for sure, but it sounds like the problem. Your char was saved while in an incosistent state, and the engine can't find a way around it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
nwnrogue
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think on reflection that it may be because I tried to recreate the character by generating a new one and giving her the same name.

I have played a couple of other PCs on EfU with no problems remembering their state.